Episode 5: Dark Red Nightmare!

Lower rank 4

A title that belongs to a group of powerful demons. It's said that there are two powerful groups of demons out there: The Upper Moons and the Lower Moons. These demons are specifically hand picked by the notorious Demon of them all that roams the world as we speak, expanding the demon army. That demon's name was...

"Muzan Kubutsuji"

For years, the Demon Slayer Corp had been dealing with certain individuals that have shown an incredible difference in strength, speed, and malice

For years, the Demon Slayer Corp had been dealing with certain individuals that have shown an incredible difference in strength, speed, and malice. Which led to the rise of Hashiras, Slayers who are capable to stand toe-to-toe with demons of greater power. It is unfortunate, however, that when it comes down to needing the support of a Hashira... only certain casualties will erupt.

The four demon slayers were standing in front of a demon unlike any other before, trembling in terror and shock. Aokime was trying to hold it together, but the malicious aura that erupted from the Demon's transformation was unlike anything he's ever seen.
"W-what the hell happened?!"
One of demon slayers spoke with their eyes widened in horror.
"I-it t-transformed!"
"Is there a way to fight him just us four?!"
Aokime knew that this was a losing battle and they needed to escape right away!
"We need to leave! Now!"
The demon lunged towards them with his claw shrouded in a blackish red fire ready to strike them. Aokime knew that they were outmatched and would need to buy time for help to arrive. Hopefully from a Hashira themselves. That was when Aokime readied his blade to strike at the demon.

Before he was able to react, Aokime was face to face with the Lower Rank 4 Demon that was about to strike him. Aokime wasn't prepared for the sudden boost in speed that he quickly reacted to blocking the attack. As the claw came into contact with the sword, Aokime was pushed flying back before crashing the doors of a destroyed home.
"Gah!"
Crashing into the building left Aokime dazed and stunned from that powerful strike as his body was surging with pain leaving him gasping for air. Staring at the ceiling of the building as he tried to muster up the strength to move but couldn't. This was getting more and more troubling knowing that the demon was left with the other slayers, as screams can be heard with the sound of ripping limbs and splattering blood echoing in the air.

"Move. Damn it move. I need to get out of here... and stop this demon."
Aokime was breathing heavily from the imagery that came to mind from all the noise that he was hearing. In the midst of the chaos, the sound whimpering and cries could heard. Aokime turned his head towards the sound and saw a mother cradling her baby that was crying. She was trying to calm the baby down as she was freaking out by the sight of an incapacitated Slayer in front of her as the screams were coming closer and closer. This jolted Aokime as he started using all the strength that was left in his body to inch his way up onto his feet using his sword to hold himself up.