EPILOGUE

"Cover me!" They both shout,
"I said it first!"
"Damn it!"

They rise from behind their cover, back-to-back with each of their guns. Amalie points hers on the left, while Bruno covers the right.

"This isn't a fucking movie!" Luca shouts, firing his gun around like a maniac. "And you fuckers aren't Brad or Angelina, get your asses to work before we all get killed."

Bruno and Amalie both throw him a bitter glare, before they turn back to each other.
"We should've let them shoot him."
"We so should have."

Amalie's eyes widen before she shoots her foot out and sends Bruno flying to the floor. She grabs her knife and throws it right away, hitting bullseye. Bruno groans as he stands up,
"You really have to stop doing this baby."
"I'm sorry love, he was about to shoot you."

They both head towards the main base and enter the elevator. When it finally stops and opens, they're faced with the sight of Pablo getting a punch straight to his jaw,
"Oh look who decided to show up, mr. and mrs. fucking Rodriguez." He says as he wipes away the blood from his nose.

They both look at each other with a smug look, "Mr. and mrs. Rodriguez."
Bruno winks, looking at his wife as he grabs his gun and shoots the man aiming for Pablo.

"Took you some damn time."
"Sorry, had to put the kids to sleep, the wanted a bedtime story."

Pablo shakes his head, with a scoff before he raises up and brushes the dirt on him. Amalie throws him a gun, "don't give us that look, you're way worse, I almost got killed because you were busy changing diapers."
He chuckles, "those were some heavy fucking diapers."

After fifteen minutes, the entire building is cleared, and another ring has been taken down. Mr. & Mrs. Rodriguez get to end the night with another successful mission before they leave and get home to their little family.

When they enter their home, they meet silence. When the nanny leaves, they both look at each other and smirk,

"I mean, the kids are asleep so..." Bruno trails off, turning around to his wife and brushing his hand down his favorite body.
"How long do you think we have?" She asks,
"I don't need more than two minutes baby, I'm a quick-"

Cries catches their attention, and a disappointed look waves on both of their faces.
"Maybe another time."

They both shake their heads with a laugh as they head to the room where the sounds are coming from.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

The second they hear those two words; every disappointment and struggle is left and there's nothing, but love and warmth left.

"Hi baby." Bruno says, wrapping his hands around his little girl and lifting her up. "Is everything okay?"
"Yes, I'm fine papa! But Alexander is having nightmares again.."

Amalie gives him a small nod before she heads to their son, she brushes her fingers against his face gently, and his cries slow down.
"I'm here love, it's okay, everything is going to be okay."
"M-mommy!" He wakes up, and clings into his mother. She smiles and wraps her arms around her.

"What do you guys say to sleeping with mommy and daddy today?" Bruno asks, earning a glance from Amalie. They agreed that they'd stop allowing that because the kids have to learn to sleep alone, but his heart is too weak, he loves having them around.
"Yeees!" They both shout, running towards their parents room.

"I'm sorry baby, you know I get weak when I'm around them and Daisy told me she missed us, how can I say no to that face?"
Amalie laughs at her husband, she knows that he can't say no to his little girl or her twin brother.
"It's fine this once, Alexander was having nightmares, so I'll let it go."

They all get into the huge bed and snuggle into each other.
"I dreamt about the s-scary man again." Alexander stutters,
"What man baby?" Bruno asks,
"The man with the scar across his face!" Daisy speaks for her brother.

Amalie and Bruno look at each other, the man with the scar..

"Can you tell us another bed time story? It helps." Alexander pleads, giving his parents the famous puppy eyes they can't say no to. They both laugh, knowing what their son is doing but giving in, nevertheless.

"Tell us the one about the prince and princess that always fought and had to share castle!" Daisy suggests, "it's my favorite story."
"Mine too!" Alexander adds.

Amalie and Bruno look at each other with a soft smile,
"Ours too."
"Once upon a time..."

The twins fall asleep fast, right before the story finishes just like always.

"... And I hate you, turned into I love you. The end."

Bruno looks at his wife, the love of his life and the light in his eyes.
"I love you, Amalie Rodriguez."

Amalie looks at her husband, the man who kept his promise and gave her everything she dreamt off,
"I love you, Bruno Rodriguez."

There's a thin line between love and hate, somehow Amalie and Bruno crossed that line without realizing.

And that's the story of how I hate you can turn into I love you in the blink of an eye.

- THE END -