Chapter 37

My wrists lay bound before me as I rested on my knees and elbows.

The cheap carpet of my bedroom dug into my skin, but I barely felt it as I stared, enraptured, at my mirror.

Behind me, Jason Coleman visibly shuddered as he came, his hips pounding an erratic tempo against mine.

Replete in the afterglow of my own orgasm, I watched as his overtook him.

A strained, guttural string of epithets poured out of his mouth, blistering the walls and filling me with a vicious, primal delight.

Pulling out, Jason wrapped his arms around my waist, bringing me upright against him and pressing his cheek against my ear.

I watched, breathless as his fiery stare studied me, drinking in the sight of my well-fucked body.

Silent, his arms tightened around my torso, and gradually his racing heartbeat slowed against my back.

Taking in a breath, Jason's hands found the binding on my wrists.

"Here, give me a second."

Working swiftly, his nimble fingers untied his knots, freeing my hands as he let the satin sash slide to the floor.

"How are you feeling?" His voice was soft while he massaged my wrists.

"Fantastic," I sighed.

"Are you sure? You had a pretty strong reaction to being tied up last time."

He had a point. The languid contentment consuming me now was miles away from the shivering weakness I'd felt before.

Shrugging slightly, I replied, "I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm just used to it now? Or maybe having my hands in front didn't leave me as helpless as having them behind my back?"

"Do you still want me to hold you?"

Smiling, I turned to nuzzle his cheek, "Please?"

He pressed a kiss against my temple. "Gladly."

Picking me up, he carried me over to the bed and laid me down. Then, climbing on beside me, he pulled me against him.

Warm in his embrace, I snuggled into his body heat, my cheek pressed to his chest.

"So," he asked, "will I see you tomorrow?"

"Are you kidding?" I chuckled, "If I have my way, you'll see me in the morning."

Jason reached under my chin, tipping my face up until my eyes met his. "I don't think that's a good idea."

Smirking saucily, I ran my fingertips down his abs, "Au contraire, it's a great idea."

He leaned in to nip at my lower lip, "You, young lady have school in the morning-"

"And?"

"-and if you're going to get any sleep tonight, I have to leave."

A thousand wicked fantasies filled my thoughts.

He's not wrong...

Rolling my eyes, I shook my head. "Your concern is admirable, but-"

"Hailey, look at me."

Pausing, I glanced up into his gentle gaze. "What?"

He beheld me tenderly, a sharp contrast to the man who'd been fucking my brains out mere moments before.

Taking a breath, he began, "I don't want this... arrangement of ours to have a negative effect on your life – I actually made myself a promise when we started that I wouldn't let it – and that includes your education."

For the briefest second, his care and concern melted me to my very core.

Then, I camouflaged my reaction with a smirk.

"Oh?" Leaning forward, I pressed a line of kisses along his collarbone.

With a growl, Jason tugged on my hair, pulling my head back. "Don't make me make a rule about no sex on school nights – because I will."

Cocking an eyebrow, I countered, "Well, that would just punish both of us."

"Exactly," he grinned, "so don't make me do it."

With a huff, I muttered. "Fine, be sensible if you must."

"I promise, I'll make it up to you."

"Oh, yeah?" I closed my eyes and suddenly felt my bone-deep exhaustion wash over me like a warm tidal wave. "How?"

His hand began a slow path up and down my spine, and he replied, "Teaching you knots."

"Hmm?" I mumbled.

He paused, "I thought you'd be more excited."

"I am," I sighed, "but I'm also really tired."

"Poor baby," he murmured, stroking my back.

"Sorry," I rested my head against him, breathing him in. "Go on – tell me about the knots."

"I figured we'd start with the basics-"

"Makes sense."

"-then, once you've got those down, we could finally see about you tying me up."

Suddenly very awake, I glanced up to see his mischievous smile.

"You could have lead with that, you know."

Chuckling, Jason planted a quick kiss on my lips, "Where's the fun in that?"