31

On her way to her room, she bumps into the least expected person. Her eyes widens and she takes several steps back, away from Sinister's piercing gaze.

"I-I am sorry." With a small apologetic mumble, she tries to turn back in the opposite direction of her destination.

But to her bad luck Seth is standing in front of her with a skeptical look on his face. Ivy feels like a scared bunny trapped between two predators.

"What happened?" Seth asks while taking his time to drag his gaze up and down her body. Feeling uncomfortable, she hugs herself.

"N-nothing. I-I fell." Stuttering, she replies thinking it would be rude to not to answer.

"Stop stammering." Seth frowns and takes a step forward.

Frozen, Ivy stands there. Her mind for some reason is screaming that she should run but her body's numb.

He places his hand on her shoulder. Scared, Ivy stares in his eyes.

"You don't have to feel scared." He states as his fingers slightly dip under her shirt to rub her chilly bare skin.

Ivy's eyes widens.

But immediately a hand snakes around her wrist and she is yanked away from Seth's uncomfortably touch.

Feeling a little dizzy at this quick move, she looks up with her blurred vision to find Sinister's back. He's standing in front of her, blocking her body from Seth's hungry gaze.

Seth raises his brow at his oldest son. But with a small shake of his head, he steps back almost submissively. Ivy stares at this interaction with wide eyes as she takes a small peek at the scene from behind Sinister.

She quickly stands straight when Seth heads out. Without a word, Sinister continues his way leaving a very confused Ivy behind.

She keeps staring at his back till he is completely out of her sight. Shrugging, she heads towards her room to change out of her wet clothes.

Soon she meets everyone downstairs for the breakfast. To her surprise Elena and Seth are the only one absent. None of her step bothers seems to tell Ivy the reason of their absence nor did Ivy want to ask.

Hayden fake smiles at her the moment his eyes falls on her. Ivy looks away from him immediately, avoiding him. She really isn't looking forward to argue with him or anyone.

Mentally sighing she resumes her breakfast. Then decides to spend a day locked in her room. Though it is dreadful but it could atleast save her from her step family's sick moves.

She sure doesn't want to be drown now.

She spends the whole day sleeping in her room. At the dinner time, she is awaken by Vikram who informs her that she needs to have dinner.

Mentally groaning, she pulls her body out of the bed, straight in the direction of bathroom to freshen up a bit before she resumes her way towards the dining area.

She glances around meekly to see Sinister and Cade are the only one absent though Seth and Elena are back.

"So what did you do the whole day?" Elena starts a conversation. Ivy shrugs and responses that she slept the entire day.

"Is your health fine?" Seth asks her while dragging his eyes to look at her. Ivy avoids staring in his gaze and turns towards Vikram who is looking at Ivy with a indescribable expression covering his face.

"Yes." She mumbles loud enough for him to hear and then brings her eyes down on the plate in front of her.

Just one day more and then she will be free.