024, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧

DEAR, EX

ENOUGH FOR YOU olivia rodrigo

trust.

what is trust?

a lot of people say trust is the concept of loving somebody. a friend. a family member. a partner.

for scarlett wheeler, trust is bullshit. nothing but bullshit. because she trusted someone. and because of that, tears are rolling down her cheeks and sobs are hastily escaping from her lips as her hands are gripping the steering wheel tighter and tighter.

her phone is buzzing. she's been counting every notification. 26 texts, 7 calls. she doesn't answer, doesn't even look because she knows who their from.

driving while your vision is blurry at 7pm isn't how scar pictures her christmas eve. she thought she'd be spending time with chris. her situationship.

she never thought about if her and chris were dating. but she thought it was something. she would've never done this to him. she would've never kissed someone else, especially not his ex best friend. she thought what they had was fit for loyalty.

by the time she reaches her destination, she grabs her phone and checks the messages.

every single text from chris, she ignored. there was a text from liam, jade, nick, and matt each, asking why she ran out. and there's a text from maia.

maia : yall arent even dating😂.

scarlett angrily shuts off her phone and shoves it into her pocket, then opens her car door and approaches the doorstep of the house she's at.

as she knocks, the anger dissipates and fades into sadness again.

another tear falls as the door opens. chase is looking down at scarlett with a worried expression, and she ultimately hugs him.

he returns the affectionate embrace, his hand resting on the small of her back and his other hand holding her head.

"hey," he gently pulls away, cupping her face in his hands. he uses his thumb to wipe the tears away, and she lightly grips onto his wrists. "come in, okay?"

she nods and he moves his hand to her back again, guiding her inside, using his other one to shut the door behind him.

chase leads her into his room and pulls her to sit on the side of his bed. he wraps an arm around her, and she leans his head on his shoulder. "i'm sorry." she whispers, and he begins to rub his arm with his hand. "i should've stayed with you. you were right."