Chapter 13

It took us a good 20 minutes to get there. The car ride was rather quiet. I was so nervous about the wedding, I just simply wasn't ready to face my father, and I felt disgusted by what he did to my mother.

I was fiddling with my hands, picking on the skin on my fingers, a habit I have when I'm nervous.

I lifted my gaze up at Harry as I felt his hands resting on my thigh. "Don't be nervous." He told me. "I'll be by your side the whole time."

He glanced quickly at me, sending me one of his famous dimpled similes before looking back on the road.

He took my hand in his and entwined our fingers, leaving it like that for the rest of the ride.

As we arrived Harry stepped out of the car but I remained in my seat. I bit down on my lip, another habit of mine, and starred out of the window.

Harry opened the car door for me and I heard a sigh leave his mouth.

"Babe, you need to get out." He said, his voice gentle.

"I know." I sighed, feeling butterflies in my stomach once again.

As soon as I stepped out of the car Harry pulled me into a tight hug.

"Please don't be so upset about this, yeah? I know it's hard but I hate to see you sad. You're so much prettier when you're wearing a smile. And instead of focusing on the bad, you should always focus on the good. Try to see the positive things even in negative situations. In this situation for example. Look at it as positive. Your mum would've never known what your dad is like and she's going to find someone else, someone who can treat her better than he did." Harry said and I was stunned at his words.

It's like he's drawn a smile on my face.

I pulled away from the hug and looked up at Harry who was still taller than me, even though I was wearing heels.

"Thank you so much, seriously. Over the past week you've been the best friend I could ask for." I blushed slightly.

"I'll always be there for you." He grinned before pecking my lips quickly, causing my lips to tingle at the touch.

"Let's go get inside, shall we?" asked Harry, still wearing the grin on his face.

I nodded and he took my hand in his again, entwining our fingers once again. We started walking towards the entrance where I already recognized a few people.

As soon as they saw me, they all greeted me.

"It's so nice to see you again, Brittany!" My aunt exclaimed as she threw her hands in the air, she's always been really loud.

"It's nice to see you too! This is my friend, Harry." I introduced her to Harry and he shook her hand, his other still holding onto mine.

She looked at me with raised eyebrows as the word 'friend' left my mouth but I just shrugged it off.

After greeting everyone outside and introducing Harry to everyone we went inside the church, all of us taking their seats.

Harry and I were near to the front, my dad knew that a friend was coming along with me since I've told him so.

To my surprise my whole family seemed to love Harry, and that's quite surprising. They don't really like people but then again, how could you not like Harry?

Harry still held my hand as we sat down, giving it a light squeeze and giving me a smile of reassurance before the ceremony started.

My dad was standing at the altar in a fancy suite. As we made eye contact for a second he started smiling and he somehow seemed almost relieved to see me.

The music started playing and everyone's head turned towards the door.

There stood the bride, and she was just gorgeous. She was probably around the age of 25, quite young if you ask me, and she was wearing one of the most beautiful wedding dressed I've ever seen.

Her smile literally made the whole room shine; she seemed so excited and happy it was almost contagious.

After a while the ceremony was over and the new married couple shared their very first kiss. I have to admit that I'm not that mad at my dad anymore, he seemed genuinely happy and Harry was right, you always need to see the positive things.

Everyone walked out of the church and made their way to the back yard. It was like a garden full with flowers and other plants, which looked gorgeous.

There were paths which were leading to the middle of the garden where a buffet with several snacks stood.

"It wasn't that bad, was it?" Harry asked me as we both grabbed a glass with shrimps around the top and stood to the side so others could go to the buffet.

"Yeah, it wasn't. Your words really helped me; you're a wise man Harold." I giggled and took a shrimp, popping it into my mouth.

Harry chuckled and took a shrimp as well. "Your family seems pretty nice."

"Nice? I'm surprised they like you! Not that you're unlike-able, you are really likeable actually but they just hate people in general." I laughed, looking at him.

"It must be my charm then." He grinned.

+

"Brittany! I haven't seen you in so long!" My dad interrupted mine and Harry's conversation. Well it was an actual conversation; we were pretending what other people could say and made a funny conversation between them.

"Dad!" I said surprised at his sudden appearance.

"This is your boyfriend I suppose? Your plus one?" my dad asked, looking at Harry with a warm smile.

Just before I could say something about it and tell my dad that Harry isn't my boyfriend, Harry spoke up.

"Yeah, I'm Harry." He shook hands with my father.

I felt the heat in my cheeks begin to rise but I tried to ignore it.

"I hope you've had a good time so far, there will be a bit more fun at the dinner, and I arranged a band! Oh and Brittany?" He asked, making me snap my head away from Harry and looking at my dad.

"I'm really sorry about what I've put you and your mum through; I never meant it to happen. I really hope you don't hate me and I hope your mum is okay. She's a lovely lady and deserves a man who can treat her right, someone other than me."

I was a bit surprised I must say. I've always thought that my dad didn't care about this whole situation but I guess that was just because I was full with anger and didn't talk to him for weeks.

Even if it hurts, I still have to accept the fact that my parents aren't in love anymore and I can't force them to stay together.

Harry and my dad talked for a while before we started to walk towards Harry's car, heading to the place where the dinner would be.

vote, comment, share .xx