Chapter 7: Angel's off-limit

Angel

Room 16

I groan as I glare at the white door. Way to waste my time! I walk in to see Mr. Edwards sitting with a book in his hands. He lifts his head to look at me.

"Ms. Harper," he greets and extends his hand to me so that I can give him the detention slip. "I didn't expect to see you here," he says with a glimpse of disappointment in his eyes. His words make my eyes snap to his.

"Never expect things from me." I make my way to the seat next to the window under the stare of the shocked teacher. I put my earphones in my ears and stare at the quarterbacks playing on the school playground. Typical school's stars. The cheerleaders stand near the playground and are cheering for the guys. I roll my eyes and lean against the chair, moving my head to the beats of the song and humming along. I tap my foot on the ground as the beats of the song get to me. Just as the chorus is starting, someone pulls my earphones out of my ears. I glare at the person who dared to interrupt my music session.

"Harper," Daniel greets, and I clench my jaw. He was the reason I am wasting my time here in fucking detention.

"What do you want?" I ask as he sits next to me. I groan in annoyance.

"Oh, don't be like that, princess," he says with a smirk. "I just wanted to talk."

I raise my eyebrows in disbelief.

"What if I don't want to talk?" I retort and pull my earphones from his hands. I ignore him as I put them back in my ears and turn away from him. I close my eyes again and rest my head on my arms. Someone taps on my shoulder, and I decide to ignore him. He taps again, and again, and again.

"Daniel, I'm going to fucking cut your finger and shove it up your ass!" I shout and lift my head to come face to face with Ace. My eyes widen and my cheeks redden as he looks at me in amusement.

"Feisty." He chuckles as he pulls a chair and places it next to me. He is intimidating, the total opposite of Daniel. "I like it," he mumbles to himself, but unfortunately, I heard him. "So what did you do to be here?" he asks casually as if we've been friends since forever.

"Ask your asshole of a friend." I sneer as I glare at Daniel who simply shrugs with a smirk on his face.

"Not my fault you were ignoring me," Daniel replies as Ace looks at us in confusion.

Damn, he looks hot even while frowning!

Snap out of it, Angel!

"I threw the paper on your face! That is not ignoring! It's called rejecting," I snap in frustration, and my head quickly turns to the teacher's table, and I sigh in relief when I see that he isn't there.

"Nobody rejects me," Daniel says proudly.

"I did!" I shout. Damn, that guy is so conceited. Just as Daniel is about to retort, Mr. Edwards walks in, and he looks at us.

"I'll dismiss you early," he simply says and takes his things from the table and walks away. Wait, what? I stare at the table and pick my things, trying to avoid another argument with Daniel. Just as I walk out of the class, I hear Ace's voice loud and clear, and his words make me stop in the hall.

"Back off. She's off-limits," Ace says.

What the actual fuck does he mean? I'm off-limits? I decide not to bother myself with him and walk to my car. Just as I am opening my door, I hear footsteps behind me. I exhale loudly, making a mist form as the air is freezing.

"Hey, Madonna," Ace calls from behind me.

I turn and put on a blank expression as I cross my arms and look at him.