Part 15

Izuku stared at the TV hanging on the familiar white walls of the hospital, feeling a bit sullen. The news reporter was discussing the events that happened at Hosu, and when they described the Nomu taking off with him, they said he was 'likely a student, perhaps fifteen or so years old'. He was not fifteen! He could understand calling him seventeen, or even sixteen, but fifteen? That was just being mean. Luckily, they hadn't gotten a good view of his face, so it was unlikely anyone had identified him based on that little scene.

A knock sounded at his doorway, and he clicked off the TV, still wearing a slight scowl even as the report was turned off. There was a nurse pushing a wheelchair with an old student of his inside of it, Tensei Ida. He was looking well for someone who had been stabbed in the side less than a month ago, if you were looking past the wheelchair, of course.

"Izuku-sensei! I just wanted to come and say thank you in person for what you did when Stain attacked me since I heard you were in the hospital for... what exactly?"

Izuku sucked his cheek in a bit before answering, a bit begrudgingly since Tensei had been one of his biggest hecklers apart from Present Mic, back when they were in his class. "Well, I had a very severely broken arm, as well as a dislocated shoulder."

"And how long did it take you to notice?"

"Less than ten minutes." Izuku was a bit proud when he said that. It wasn't every day that he noticed an injury in less than at least an hour.

"And were you the one to point it out or was it another hero?"

"That is beside the point." Tensei raised an eyebrow so Izuku reluctantly responded, "It was your brother."

Tensei's head snapped up when Izuku made that statement, and Izuku realized that the news station hadn't revealed who was involved in Stain's most recent, and last, attack. He had no idea that his brother had sought out the dangerous criminal who had attacked him in the name of revenge.

"What do you mean my brother noticed?! Wasn't he supposed to be away from UA on his internships? What was he involved in that could have resulted in an injury like this?"

"... You heard about Stain being taken down, right?"

"Yeah," Tensei's eyes twinkled for a moment in mirth. "They called you a 15-year-old student. It was hilarious. Wait..."

"Yes, Tenya apparently decided that the best course of action was to take Stain out, even though he had virtually no training and was not authorized to harm villains in the first place." Izuku's voice was wry and sarcastic, clearly displaying the fact that he was not pleased with his student.

"Well, crap." The pro hero was silent for a moment before glancing up and looking into Izuku's eyes, catching onto the lack of a smile on his old teacher's face. He was almost wary of the man's reaction, something that Izuku didn't quite understand. After all, it wasn't like he was ever something to be frightened of. Maybe past students did stutter around him and gazed at him with shock and a bit of fear, but that had to be for a different reason. Who was he to be someone to be scared of?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tensei tracked Izuku-sensei's face, looking for even the tiniest hint of anger. He had never seen his old teacher truly mad, but he didn't need to be mad to be scary. Even Aizawa never came close to being as frightening as their green-haired former teacher, and he had heard that there was an entire class of expelled students who jumped every time they heard the man's name. Izuku-sensei didn't need to try to be intimidating, he just was.

"Are you... angry at him?"

Izuku-sensei looked at him with a thoughtful expression on his face, pondering the question. It didn't take him long before he answered. "No, I'm not mad. I think I'm just... disappointed."