//Book 3// ~ Crisis On Infinite Earths: Hour One

3rd Person POV

In the beginning there was only one. A single black infinitude. Then the infinitude found release, and, finally, the darkness broke, filling it with life With the multiverse. Every existence multiplied by possibility. And spread out before space and time in infinite measure. Civilizations rose and fell. And rose again across reality's grasping expanse. Life. A precious gift persevering in the face of every obstacle, until, finally, the age of heroes was born. Chaos. The constant enemy of life kept at bay by champions from across the multiverse joining forces to fight on behalf of all creation. They found each other just in time, because now, the entire multiverse is about to come under attack. There is a malevolent force at work, one driven by a singular goal. The destruction of all there is. I have planned, there are those who say I have schemed, but the time for preparation has passed. The Crisis is now upon us all.

***

"The end of the world is licking at our heels!" A protestor with a sign yells. "Soon, thou shall be not but dust, twisting and writhing in the dead of space! Not even Supergirl will save you from–" But he's cut off because a monster swoops through the sky and begins shooting fire on National City

Supergirl swoops in and saves the protestor. "Guess Supergirl was able to save you." She tells him. "Now, go! Run!" She looks at the monster. "Hey, Spike! Remember me? Ilana's worried about you. She knows you're afraid of something, but she just wants you to come home. Come here." And the monster steps forwards. Supergirl touches the cheek of the monster and it transforms back into a small lizard. She picks the lizard up. "What's got you so spooked, buddy?"

The place rumbles as Willow Greene rushes onto the scene. "Supergirl...what the hell is going on?" She questions

"Come on." Supergirl answers. "We need to get to the DEO." And that's what they did. "Every pet in National City is having a nervous breakdown." Supergirl tells Alex and Brainy as the group walks into the DEO. "This feels bigger than Leviathan."

"The USGS didn't register an early warning, so it took everyone completely by surprise." Alex says

"She does mean everyone because this earthquake is quite, literally, worldwide." Brainy says as the place rumbles and shakes

"But the seismic activity wasn't coming from within the planet, it's coming from without." Alex says

"That's–" Willow starts

"Extra-normal." Brainy says

Willow shoots Supergirl a look. "I think she was gonna say impossible, but okay." Supergirl answers for Willow who nods

"Yes, yes, a fair descriptor." Brainy says. "As would be, uh unfeasible, unthinkable, absurd, outlandish. But however you choose to describe this event, one thing is absolutely certain. - We have–"

"A major crisis on our hands." J'onn says, walking in

The group gathers around the console after J'onn had debriefed them. "The Monitor freed Mal? I didn't know he was of this universe."

"Yes, I thought the Monitor was a Flash and Green Arrow's problem." Brainy says

"He's of every universe and everyone's problem. " J'onn says. "Last year, he tested Kara and Earth-1's heroes with Dr. Deegan and the Book of Destiny. This year, he's testing me to make sure I'm ready for this."

"And what exactly is this?" Alex asks. "Another reality wave?"

"Not exactly." Brainy says. "Whatever is it, it is hurtling through space at an impossible speed. I calculate it will reach the edge of the universe in exactly 5. 3 hours, at which point, it will boomerang back. Once it intersects again with our solar system, the results will be, in a word, cataclysmic."