292: The 4th Great Ninja War? (2)

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 292: The 4th Great Ninja War? (2)

———

When Madara gave Obito the mission to revive him after collecting all the Tailed Beasts, he had never expected things to go smoothly. Because such expectation was wishful thinking. Reality was often disappointing.

However, it would be a lie to say he wasn't surprised that he would wake up to this sort of situation. The Hyugas apparently gave birth to a child with eyes that matched the Rinnegan.

Madara Uchiha didn't feel an ounce of fear though. He had a mission, a noble and great one. He always knew that to finalise such a mission, he would have to erase thorns such as this Neji Hyuga more than once. He had known that yet he had chosen to walk on this path.

This time around, Madara knew it was his last thorn before he initiated true world peace.

The northernmost side of the battlefield, of the unofficial 4th Great Ninja War, was occupied by Madara, Naruto, and Sasuke.

Three of them were guarding the Gedo Statue behind them that was sucking the Eight Tails' chakra from within Killer Bee.

The chakra was almost completely sucked, and Madara was preparing to move onto the Gold and Silver brothers who were waiting by the side, forced by Kabuto's command over their Reanimated bodies.

Madara's eyes locked onto Naruto for a moment. The initial plan, Obito told him, was to use Naruto's chakra after absorbing the Eight-Tails. However, with the appearance of the Gold and Silver brothers– who had absorbed a part of Nine Tails' chakra while they were alive– Naruto was expended. Naruto could rather be an asset in the fight against the enemy force.

Madara's gaze then shifted to Sasuke, lingering on his back as he was watching the enemies in the far.

'This generation's Indra and Asura...' Madara noted. 'One of them has successfully gained the Six Paths' chakra, but the other one hasn't yet.'

He recalled Obito telling him a plan to help Sasuke Uchiha awaken his true powers, but Madara wasn't so sure if that'd work. Though he wouldn't stop the plan, after all, according to Obito this fellow named Naruto had awakened his powers in the same way– by dying.

"He is moving." Naruto said abruptly.

Hearing that, Madara turned to the enemy force and noticed how Neji teleported his two blonde girlfriends. After which, as Madara watched, the sky darkened and a bolt of lightning descended on top of Neji– circulating around him and forming an armour of lightning, the shape of which was similar to his own, around Neji.

"Hoh?"

Madara looked mildly impressed as the Hyuga boy moved at a threatening speed through the rain, flying towards the Third Raikage.

What happened next surprised even Madara as Neji grabbed the Third by his throat and slammed him on the ground, and in the next instance he pulled his throat out. That wasn't the surprising part to Madara, the surprising part came next when a white box-shaped energy left Neji's palm— the ‹Particle Style›— and devoured the Third Raikage's body, erasing it out of existence as if it never existed.

The Third Raikage died for the second time, just like that, in less than half a minute.

Madara was surprised to witness the death of such a strong Reanimated, immortal Shinobi in such a short time.