Sixty

Draco and Maisie were sitting by their newborn daughter's crib. Maisie was tired from giving birth. "She really is beautiful. I can't believe we made her. I can't believe that we survived this whole thing," Draco said.

Maisie nodded and smiled. She looked up as the door to the hospital wing opened. Narcissa walked in with Ivy on her hip.

"Hello Ivy. Mother, come and meet your new granddaughter. Ophelia," Draco said.

Narcissa was clearly crying. Draco frowned. "Mother?"

"It's Amelia. They've found her body in the forest. She didn't make it."

Draco lost the smile from his cheeks. Maisie was silently crying. "No. She's okay. She was here. Telling me she'll see me soon," she sobbed.

Narcissa smiled. Despite the sadness she felt. "She's a beautiful baby."

"Amelia is really dead?" Draco asked as he looked to his mother.

Narcissa nodded. "She is. They found her in the forest. Her bracelet was there too. The one she never took off."

Draco shook his head. He didn't want to believe that he would never see his sister again. She wouldn't cheer him up. She would miss out on so much. And Draco wasn't sure on how he would cope.

****

Sirius walked into the hospital wing to find Narcissa. He saw his cousin sitting with Ivy who slept peacefully on the bed. "Cissy?" He asked.

"Amelia is dead. They found her body in the forest. She's dead," Narcissa mumbled as she looked to him.

Sirius paled. He shook his head. "No. She can't be. I saw her earlier. She was kicking ass like no tomorrow."

"Her body was found. She was dead. And there's nothing they could have done. Bellatrix did this My sister killed my daughter," Narcissa said as she wiped away a tear.

"What will happen to Ivy?"

"I will keep her. I will raise her. She will always know who her mummy was."

Sirius nodded. "And what of Snape?"

Narcissa sighed. "To what I know to, he fled before the battle. I don't think he will show his face," she said.

****

Minerva called everyone into the courtyard. She smiled. "We have lost a lot of friends this evening. Our school has been destroyed. But the school will be rebuilt. The people we have lost, they won't. Tonight we lost Nymphadora Tonks. Fred Weasley. Lavender Brown. Amelia Malfoy."

Everyone started whispering when they heard Amelia's name. Hermione looked to see Narcissa Malfoy standing with them. Amelia's daughter in her arms.

Minerva spoke again. "They didn't die in vein. They died fighting for what they believed in. And we will remember them," she said.

****

Narcissa had left Ivy with Draco and Andromeda. She went to the manor. "Narcissa."

Narcissa turned to see Lucius. She glared. Lucius sighed. "I see you turned traitor," he spat.

"Oh stop it Lucius. Your precious lord is dead. And do you know who else died? Amelia. Our daughter died. All because you wanted to be the right hand man of that bastard. He died. And so did my child. My granddaughter will grow up without her mother," Narcissa said.

"My granddaughter."

Narcissa shook her head. "No. I couldn't keep Amelia safe from you. But I swear on my life, I will protect Ivy from you. You will never see that child growing. She will never know the monster that is Lucius Malfoy. I'm requesting a divorce. I do not wish to be married to you," she said as she turned and walked off.

Lucius stood there and glared. He wasn't going to let Narcissa get away with how she had spoken to him.

****

Draco walked into the forest where they found Amelia's body. He saw flowers there and sighed. He sat down. "I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm talking to flowers. I'm sorry I couldn't keep you safe Amelia. I will never let your daughter forget you. She will always know who you are. Maisie is broken over your death. She doesn't believe it. I still don't. I'm expecting you to jump up and say you tricked us. But I don't think that will happen. Fly high Amelia. You're at peace now. I love you forever and always my sister."

Tears slipped down Draco's cheek. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up to see Harry. "I'm sorry. I never wanted anyone to die for me."

"My sister died for her daughter. She was the best mother. And she never got much time with her daughter. She was protecting her from this war you created."

Harry nodded. "I know. I'm sorry."

"I don't want your apology. Stay away."

****

Narcissa looked up as Draco and Maisie walked towards her. She smiled as she held Ivy. "From now on, we are a family. We honour Amelia by raising her daughter. We make Ivy proud of who her mum was. And her father. First and foremost, we are a family. And that will never change."

Maisie and Draco both nodded. Draco kissed Maisie's head as they walked off. The sun was shining down on them. Narcissa knew it was going to be hard.

But as long as she had her family, she knew they could do it.

The End x