𝟓𝟏. after nightfall

WHITE FLAG

chapter fifty-one : after nightfall
{ one month after season three }

chapter fifty-one : after nightfall{ one month after season three }

ONE MONTH AND a half had passed. After they had brought back the group from Woodbury, they had no choice but to actually do some good to the place and upgrade it. Winter wasn't that long away, and they needed to get gear to keep everyone warm.

The first group that were in the prison had all agreed on making a thing called 'the prison council'. People needed someone to lead them - after Rick had told them all that he would no longer be their sole leader, someone still had to.

Someone needed to keep everyone in control, give people jobs etc. Instead of having an actual leader, they decided to form a group council.

Everyone had decided that Hershel would be head of the council, and so he went around asking people he knew would be best for being great at the job.

The people he went to were Daryl, Glenn, Kloe, Carol and Vickie. Of course, they never had to have a meeting about anything yet, they were still preparing everything for everyone.

Hershel had offered Kloe if she would be a part of the council, which she agreed to the day before. The oldest man of the group told the small councilors that when he hosted a meeting, it would take place in the library - which they were still preparing.

Currently, Kloe was babysitting the two youngest children that were apparently the hardest to deal with. She couldn't lie, it was hard work. Mostly all the parents had agreed to help out with rearranging some things in the prison, so that's what they were doing.

Kloe had finished her jobs for the morning - so she was stuck looking after them. "Kloe?" the small girl, Nicole, whisper-shouted. Kloe, who was holding onto Nicole's brother, Jack, snapped her head over to the six-year-old.

"Yes, Nicole?" Kloe replied, watching the brunette. Her hair was just above her shoulders, and she had small freckles painted on her face. Her eyes were bright green, and were the most noticeable feature about her.

"When can we see baby Judith again?" she asked innocently, her short hair blowing in the wind since they were sitting outside in the grass.

"Beth's gonna come out with her in a few minutes. Then it'll be my turn to look after her while Beth looks after you and Jack," Kloe explained, poking the nose of the toddler, Jack, in her arms.

"You're leaving us Kloe?" Nicole wondered, sticking out her bottom lip as she watched the young woman. The only kids that were sitting with Kloe was Nicole and Jack, who were both siblings, while the other kids played tag around the field.

"Well, I have some things I need to get done," Kloe leaned forward, brushing a piece of fine hair out of the small girl's face. "I will be back though. I will see you all at dinner," she smiled.