60. Rain

Charlottes aesthetic

***

• THALIA •

I hear the bell above the door for the, only, second time today

I hear the bell above the door for the, only, second time today. The cafes been pretty damn dead today. Fair enough, it's pouring it down and this is a beach cafe.

I pause cleaning the counter and swivel on my heel to turn to face the door.

Light brown hair.
Sandy eyes.
Tall.
Cheshire cat grin.

"Hey, babe." He greets, calling me babe without much attachment.

"Warren, always a pleasure."

His smile grows bigger.

My gaze flits to the rectangular box tucked in his armpit.

I feel my heart skip a beat, I don't want to assume that whatever's inside that box is for me, but...

"Surprise." He places the white box on the counter. There's gold ingrains on the top of the box, I've sensed a theme for this family. White and Gold.

I try not to break out into a grin, "Warren..." I stress.

He raises his hand in surrender, "don't sound to excited."

I roll my eyes, "I appreciate it more than you'd think, seriously."

He holds a hand to his heart, "making me blush and shit."

I bite back a grin.

Warren pushes the box closer to me, "open it."

I unveil the ribbon and take the lid off of the box.

It's a dress

My face breaks into a huge smile. One too big too hold back. I feel my cheeks tint pink.

I pick up the piece of card on top of the doled dress and read it.

There's writing on one side and the same gold ingrains on the other.

To Thalia,

Hope you like your gift.

(Had to ask my baby sister for help - I'm hopeless at this shit)

Love, Warren

I clutch the card close to my chest. I'm lost for words. This boy is too fucking cute. He's making me giddy and shit, what the fuck is going on?

I pick up the dress that's folded neatly and let the bottom fall so that I'm holding it up by the shoulders.

It's hard, but I tear my gaze from the beautiful dress and to the boy in front of me. "Thankyou,"

His smile has made my day. And his dimples are the sprinkles on top.

"Anytime," he cocks his head to the side and runs a hand through his hair. "Do you think it's the right size? I made sure to keep the label on. We can change it if you don't like it, I swear my feelings won't be hurt. Cant say the same about Lotties, but don't worry about that."

I laugh, "cute."

My eyes automatically pin on the dress again. I've always been afraid to wear things too fancy, because I don't do it often, I fear it'll bring unwanted attention to me and that people will comment on it. I try my upmost hardest to stay out of the spotlight and in the shadows. But I can't help but feel giddy about the dress. We all deserve to feel beautiful once in a while. It's long overdue, might I add.

"Try it on," he says like a puppy who's just had a lead dangled in front of them.

"No, you'll have to wait."

He throws his head back and rubs his eyes, "fuck, your killing me."

I laugh lightly, not responding with my words because I don't have a bloody clue what to say.

"When do you get off?"

I shrug, "whenever, really."

"So that includes...now?" He says with a little smirk tugging at his lips.

"Yes, that does come under the whenever category."

"Good." Then he intertwined his fingers with mine and pulls me out of the cage.

"Warren! I can't just up and leave like that!"

"Shoulda been more specific, babe."

I run a hand through my hair, forgetting I had curls for a second. "Well, at least let me go and out my apron back?"

He shakes his head, "nu-uh."

"Warren!" I stress.

"Thalia," he smiles.

To our luck, the heavy rain had turned into a drizzle, but that luck had ended now. It's started absolutely hammering it down.

Warren tilts his head back and looks to the grey cloud-filled sky. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

He's not wrong. I love rain. But only when I'm wrapped up warm with my whole body covered in clothes minus my face.

"Yes, now let's go." I tug at his arm.

He doesn't budge, the man's a rock. "C'mon, Warren. I'm cold."

It's like something changed in his drama our, he's no longer enjoying the rain, he's ushering us to his car.

He unlocks it, opens the door for me and I climb in. He then goes round to his side and gets in, slamming the door shut with force.

He turns his head towards me and sees me shivering. "Shit! Sorry, I should've realised you don't have a hoodie on. Shit, man. I'm sorry."

I laugh, "it's fine. You're such a softie."

He crosses his arms, "I'm not."

"Hmm, sure..."

Warren slides his grey hoodie over his head and hands it to me. I push it back into his arms but then he just pushes it back to me. "Put it on, T."

"No no no, I'm all good. Promise."

"I don't buy that. Put it on."

"Put it on...." I taunt.

He rolls his eyes but doesn't put up an argument. "Put it on... please." He says quietly.

"Sorry, didn't quite catch that."

"Put it on.....please."

"Sorry, the rains really heavy. What did you say?" I can't lie, it's fun messing with him.

"Put. It. On. Please."

"Why didn't you just say so?"

He leans his head back onto the head rest, "you're outrageous."

I smile at his comment.

Warren claps his hands together, "now. Where do you wanna go, trouble?"