𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐒𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐍𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐬

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 3𝐫𝐝, 2022
3 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃, at the airport waiting on my dad to come get me. it was my first time back in new york again from atlanta. my dad decided he wanted me to move back because he wanted me to meet his new girlfriend. i felt weird being back here after leaving 3 years ago.

i watched as my dad's truck pulled up. he stepped out the car and he honestly looked a lot different from when i left, more healthier and cleaner.

"let me help you with this." he put everything into the trunk. i got in the backseat because there was already a girl in the front seat.

"rai this is jalyn, my girlfriend's daughter," he introduced me to her. "jalyn this is my daughter, saraiya. i think you two are gonna get along really well." he continued on.

i stared out the window as he drove through the new york traffic. i was scared of seeing everyone again, especially lijah, i missed him and roscoe the most.

__________

my dad opened the door to his apartment and we went inside. it looked like the entire apartment had been remodeled, everything was different.

"veronica come here honey." my dad called out to his girlfriend i'm guessing. seconds later a brown skinned lady came into the living room.

"oh my goodness you must be saraiya." she pulled me into a hug.

𝘰𝘩..

"yep, thats her," my dad chuckled.

"you look just like your mother." she smiled at me.

"you knew my mom?" i asked her, "yes we used to be really close friends years ago." she responded causing my dad to shoot her a look.

"i—uh think we should let rai settle in." my dad said, veronica nodded.

i walked towards where my old room was and opened the door. it didn't look like how i left it, everything was gone out of it now. it was now just a bed and a plain black bed set. i went and put my suitcases next to my closet and went back into the living room.

"can i go to the deli please?" i asked my dad.

"yeah, cmon i'll dri— no it's okay, i'll walk." i cut him off.

"you sure? its pretty cold out there." he raised an eyebrow.

"yes i'm sure." the truth is, i was gonna go and find elijah. i didn't have a phone so i couldn't call nor contact him in any way.

"okay, be safe." he said, i nodded before exiting the apartment.

i left out the building and walked a few buildings down to elijah's old building. i opened the door to the building and went up the stairs, i knew his apartment number by heart. i knocked on the door and waited for an answer, seconds later the door opened revealing his mom.