Chapter 12

I snuggle closer to the warmth and swing my leg over the sheet to get more comfortable as I wait for the maid to knock on the door to tell me breakfast is ready.

I brush my hand over the silky sheets, they feel so warm and .... Hard?

I open my eyes slowly, not wanting to get out of the comfortable position but almost sure that someone is going to knock on my door soon - that is until my eyes connect with a bright shade of green that are looking at me with a mixed expression of amusement and confusion.

Then I realize that the silky sheets are defined abs and my leg is swung over... oh God, the bulge. Why is it so..

"Oh God.." My eyes widen as I roll over, "I uh, I must have fallen asleep."
His lips curve and his eyes show a spark of excitement.
"You don't say." He smirks, "It seems like you were very comfortable too."

My cheeks heat up with embarrasment,
"I didn't mean to.. I rolled in my sleep."
"Why are you in my room? Have you been here all night?"

He doesn't remember..

I have two choices, save myself the embarrassment and tell him that I heard him having nightmares and risk reminding him of something he probably wants to forget - or lie and make myself seem like a damn creep.

In any other situations I would have saved myself, yet I know that it would lead to him being embarrassed and recalling something that haunts him enough at nighttime.

"I heard sounds outside my window, and it scared me so I wanted to-" I start, deciding to go with a half-truth.
"Sleep with me? In my bed where you know you're safe and protected?" He cuts off with a grin, "I don't mind princess, you can sleep here whenever you want, what's mine is yours." He winks.

I roll my eyes and get out of bed, "Let's pretend it never happened."
"Let's not." Is the last thing I hear before I walk out of the room, embarrassed and a liar.

I close the door behind me when I enter my room. Walking straight to the bathroom I take a look in the mirror, my cheeks are as pink as can be.. I look down at my hand, damn you for touching those hard tanned abs. Then I curse myself for not throwing one last glance at him before I walked out, it would've been the perfect chance to see what I'm working with.

Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean you can't think they're attractive... right? Stop it Bella! There's plenty of hot guys that aren't a big part of the underworld.

I mentally curse myself out when a question repeats in my head with a high-pitched annoying voice - "Is he big?" "like how big?" ... it seemed big.

I slap myself, God what is wrong with me! Why am I even thinking about that, the only big thing with him is his ego and need to be controlling my every move.

I take a quick shower and wash away all the unnecessary thoughts and pictures in my head. When I'm done, I force myself to wear the same clothes I wore yesterday then I make my way downstairs. I notice that the music is back on again.

The smell of pancakes, and bacon leads me to the kitchen where my eyes land on Pablo as he flips a pancake. He's wearing grey joggers and a tight white shirt that seems to be two sizes too small around his biceps. I can see his abs flex under the shirt, and the joggers they show .... Stop it! What the hell is wrong with me today. Does turning older automatically make you act like you've never seen a man with a nice body before?

.. if that body is only " nice" then-

"Do you like what you're seeing?" He smirks, causing me to snap my eyes up at him. He looks at me up and down, "I sure do."
"I don't." I answer back with a sassy smile.