twenty five

"Lolo, look at the sky," Camila prodded the other girl's side, trying to wake her up. Lauren groaned and rolled over. This only encouraged the younger girl. She crawled on top of Lauren so one leg was on each side of her torso.

"Wake up," Camila giggled, poking Lauren's cheek and pointing to the window. "You are going to miss it, Lolo."

"Miss what?" Lauren's raspy morning voice finally filled the silence. She opened her eyes to come face to face with a smiling Camila, already attempting to make her sit up. Lauren groaned, but allowed herself to be pulled upwards.

"The sky," Camila turned Lauren's head and pointed to the window. "It is pretty. Like you. We have to appreciate it, right?" She turned back to the other girl and tilted her head to the side.

Despite having just woken up, Lauren managed a soft smile. She wiped her eyes and sat cross legged, gazing out the window for a few moments.

"I guess it is pretty beautiful, huh?" she laughed softly. Camila nodded, crawling over to Lauren's side and leaning against her shoulder.

"Why don't we go get a better view of it, then?" Lauren smiled softly and stood up. Camila watched her, confused, as Lauren dug through her drawers. The green eyed girl handed Camila a pair of leggings and a sweater. Camila tilted her head to the side.

"Go get dressed and let's go watch the sunrise," Lauren nudged her towards the door. Camila's face lit up and she nodded excitedly, scurrying across the hallway and into the bathroom. Lauren quickly got changed into jeans and a hoodie, pulling a beanie on over her tousled morning hair.

"Knock knock," Camila giggled, standing in the doorway. Lauren crinkled her nose and slipped into her boots before leading Camila out of the bedroom.

"I have a surprise for you, too," Lauren remembered. She pointed to Camila's converse, signaling for the girl to put them on.

"Surprise?" Camila sat down and tugged on her shoes. She eyed the laces questioningly and then looked up at Lauren.

Bending down, Lauren giggled as she began to tie Camila's shoes. "Yeah, a surprise. It's at the park," she double knotted the laces and then helped Camila up to her feet. "C'mon, you'll like it."

"I like you," Camila smiled proudly, grabbing the doorknob. She surprised Lauren by turning around and placing her hands on her shoulders. "There are oceans in your eyes, Lolo. I see them."

Lauren's breath caught in her throat when Camila locked eyes with hers. This girl had a way of evoking the deepest emotions out of her. For someone so innocent, Camila certainly knew what she was doing.

Both girls leaned in at the same time. Lauren wrapped her hands around Camila's waist and pulled her closer. She felt the smaller girl smile against her lips. It was soft, it was sweet, it was gentle. But it was perfect nonetheless.

When the kiss broke, Camila smiled widely. "I want to see the surprise," she looked hopefully up at Lauren, who was still recovering from the kiss. The green eyed girl could have sworn that Camila could hear her heart pounding against her chest.

"I, yeah, the surprise," Lauren cleared her throat. "C'mon, let's go to the park."

Camila smiled excitedly and grabbed onto Lauren's hand, tugging her towards the door. Giggling, Lauren followed the small girl, making sure to lock the apartment door behind them.

"Slow down, Camz," she laughed, squeezing Camila's hand and slowing her to a walking pace. "It's not going anywhere."

"What is it?" Camila asked as they stepped onto the elevator. Lauren grabbed Camila's hand just as she was about to push the wrong button on the elevator.