epilogue

"SUCH A TRAGEDY, RIGHT?"

The reporter sighed, thinly veiled nonchalance coloring his voice as he looked at the girl sitting beside him. She was crouched down in front of the grave, hand curiously grazing past the name etched in front.

"I'm writing a story about her," he continued," a talented prodigy, killed by a man with no heart. Or at least, we all presume her to be death. What do you think happened?"

He had traveled a long way to get here, to a graveyard made of souls who had been lost in an accident years ago. Honestly, it didn't interest him much, but his editor had asked him, so here he was, standing with a stranger who hadn't spared him any words yet.

"Did you know her?" he asked," I believe she was quite famous."

She finally looked up then, getting to her feet as she kept her gaze on him. For a moment it felt like his heart was stopping, gaze fixated on the girl as if she was a ghost. The wind was dancing through her jet black hair, her face beautiful enough to be called angelic. All he could focus on were her eyes though, so dark they reminded him of graveyards at dusk.

"I did," she smiled," I still do."

Someone called out to her then and she looked over her shoulder, face lighting up at the sight of the two people behind her. The reporter leaned forward, but merely caught a glimpse of pale blonde hair and a smile which could only be described as deadly.

When he looked back at the girl, she was gone, leaving him alone again in the company of ghosts.

thank you for reading, angels!! i hope you enjoyed reading about my sweet helene as much as i did writing her. also, on that note... sequel time? perhaps.