Chapter 47. You Saved Us.

~No one's P.O.V~

"I am also Gowther, but there is no real or fake about it. " But Gowthers spoke at the same time before turning their heads, "This is confusing . Turn sync off."

Gowther's head dropped, as if being turned off, "While I was imprisoned, he served as my eyes, ears, and limbs, an extension of me who could carry on the fight in my stead. It's only fair to call him my other self." The older Gowther spoke, turning his attention from his creation to the Giant and Fairy.

"What's going on?! Because you just said that we can't go anywhere near the tower until the gate's finished." Gloxinia, or the imposter of him, spoke up, "Why? Is something happening at the Light of Grace?"

Y/n shifted her eyes up to the flying Fairy above her, "The gate is finished." She stated. She crossed her arms, "But something is happening. Most likely a cause of those Humans."

"An uprising by the Humans." Gowther nodded as he agreed.

"No way!"

"But why?"

"This particular band of people seem to have a deep resentment toward Stigma." Gowther stated once he had his eyes closed, getting a touch on their feelings, "They put on a little show in order to infiltrate your inner circle. And it worked. They successfully gained your trust." He opened his eyes to look up at the Fairy, "Using the Demon race to do so."

"Don't be ridiculous!" Gloxinia shouted down at him which cause Y/n frown to deepen, "Who are you to talk? You're the one who used them! All so you could get out of prison!" Gloxinia flew down, right in front of Gowther, "So how many lives did it take? And who else would you sacrifice to do it? Tell me!"

"The goal is simple." Gowther stated as he was not shocked by the man's anger directed at him, and as he knew Y/n were to step in if he took it too far, "I had to gain my freedom, in order for me to bring an end to the Holy War."

"That's it." Gloxinia clenched his fists, "I have nothing more to say to you." He flew back up beside the Giant.

"Come on, Diane." Y/n followed as names and information was exchanged between the two. She tightened the hand gripping at her upper arm as she watched the two. She could not help but feel odd. Those two weren't the people she knew, but at the same time they felt oddly familiar.

"No. You can go on ahead, King, and I'll catch up with you later." Drole, or Diane as King had said, replied.

"What?"

"Listen, I want to stay and talk with them just a little bit longer." King gasped at the idea, clearly unsure of letting her stay on her own. But Diane did not seem worried at all when she turned to them, "He doesn't seem like just another bad guy. And I'd like to know more about what's going on with this other Gowther, too. So, don't worry! Just trust me on this one, okay?"

King let out a sigh, clearly not pleased with the outcome, "All right, then. But don't let your guard down. You got it?"

"Got it!" Diane nodded, giving the Fairy a smile, "You be careful too."

Y/n watched as the Fairy flew away, and curiosity seemed to poke in the back of her mind, "So, is he your boyfriend?"

Diane let out a loud gasp, and Y/n's eyes widened when Drole turned around with a flushed face, "You think me and King are..."

"Understandably. The trust between you is something that normally comes when two people spend a long time together." Gowther explained to Y/n's question.