⚾︎| chapter thirty six

KELANI PARKER
hey, you! don't be a silent reader:)

I just left him there.

I left him there in the dark hallway.

My heels can be heard hurrying away from the scene. I quickly grab my purse from the table I was sitting at. "Kelani..." Coco gets up from her seat. No sign of Dallas, he's probably with Christian.

I try not to make eye contact with the people are the table.

Coco gets close to me and tucks my hair behind my ear. "What happened?" Her tone is soft.

I sigh and force a smile for her. "We broke-" Someone's familiar voice cuts me off on the microphone. I furrow my eyebrows confused on who it was.

I look at the stage in front of Coco and I, "Thanks for this awards you guys, well Christian's." Dallas starts. My jaw drops. "You're probably wondering what's going on and where he is. Something serious, like really serious came up."

Someone on the same stage as him tells Dallas something that's inaudible. "Yeah, okay they told me to get off the stage. Thank you so much!" He says thanks so fast that I couldn't understand what he said.

He walks off stage and sprints all the way to the hallway I was just at with Christian's award in his hand.

"We broke up."

She quickly looks at me with widened eyes and looks at the table we were just at. Where it all happened.

She grabs her purse and puts her arm around my shoulder walking me out of the building. "Let's go. I can't stand being in here." She gives that whole table a dirty look. They look so unbothered that they start laughing.

She walks me out and takes me to Christian's car that we all four came in together and now we're leaving separate.

I buckle my seat belt in the passenger seat. I look in the mirror and I look like a hot mess. Mascara smeared and lipstick. Fun.  She starts the car, "Sorry not sorry Christian." She whispers to herself. He never liked anyone touching his car, except for me.

"He's going to kill you." I let her know not making the situation better.

"Oh, I know but I don't really give two shits about him right now." She said adjusting into her seat.

She stops at a red light and lets out a breath with a groan. "How the hell does he sit so far fucking back?" She uses the buttons on the side of the seat to adjust to her liking and scoots all the way up letting out a sigh of relief. "Much better."

"Don't be mad at him." I take off my heels that are killing me. "It's my fault, I should've told him-"

She lets out a breath. "You're my best friend. I don't care I'm going to be mad at him his fault of not." She keeps her eyes on the road and a very small smile start forming but I immediately stop because it hurts too much.

So, I just stayed silent.

She pulls into a McDonalds. I laugh but also want to cry at the same time, McDonalds was our spot. Not Just Christian and I's spot but the 4 of us.

"I'm getting you a happy meal."

I try forcing a laugh but just end up bawling. I feel pathetic.

She gives me a warm hug before walking inside to order.

It's pitch-black outside. The only thing that helps me see is the LED lights in the car, the pink lights that remained pink. He never changed the color because I liked it.