Epilogue 1

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 ♡︎

One and a half years later...

Enzo was acting weird.

It was his turn to make breakfast this morning, but he kept dropping things and messing things like measurements up.

The food he made was still delicious in the end, but it was extremely... abnormal.

Then, when we were watching our show together, he had to stand up and use the bathroom. After a few long minutes of him in the bathroom, I went to check on him and realised he wasn't even in the bathroom. He was pacing our bedroom and talking to someone on the phone.

Maybe it was just work stress.

I was going to say something, but then he started making his way back to the bedroom door. So, I quickly ran back to the living room and acted like nothing happened.

I know, it was a bit mean considering everything he's been through. But he hasn't had any of his panic attacks in two years now.

He always got nervous before surprises as well, and our anniversary was coming up soon, so maybe he was doing something special for that.

Later on, when we were out doing some late night grocery shopping, he had to walk into another aisle to take a call.

I continued shopping, and when he came back, I made sure he was okay. He said he was more than okay, and then kissed my forehead.

Now, it was about a week later, and he said we were going somewhere special tonight. He had bought me my very own designer dress that had most likely cost thousands of dollars.

I thanked him with many kisses all over his face. Safe to say that he was happy and grinning at the end of it.

It was a simple, black dress with a large slit. It was absolutely beautiful.

"Sweetheart? Can you come outside once you're ready please?" I heard Enzo call out from outside the bedroom.

"Yeah! Give me a sec." I yelled back as I clipped in my earring and stepped back to admire the dress.

I fixed my curls, then slipped on a pair of heels and made my way outside into the living room.

Enzo was standing behind the kitchen island with a box sitting in front of him. I thought nothing of it, since we were cleaning up around the apartment and changing things, so I just thought it was an extra box that we had forgot to put away. 

He was wearing a Tom Ford suit, with a black undershirt. He looked so fucking handsome.

When he saw me, he briefly closed his eyes and exhaled. Then, looked back up at me with a soft smile. "You look stunning, love."

"Thank you." I walked over to him and straightened his tie, "You look handsome, Enzo. What's the occasion?"

He clicked his tongue and shook his head. "You'll find out sooner or later."

I rolled my eyes and turned to start walking to the front door, but Enzo grabbed my hand and dragged me back toward him.

"I have one last gift for you." He turned and picked up the box that had been sitting on the counter and opened it up.

Inside was a beautiful necklace with a large emerald on the pendant. It matched the emerald earrings I was wearing.

I gasped, my eyes widening. I covered my mouth with my fingers, glancing up at Enzo.

"Enzo! It's fucking beautiful... but you really didn't have too."

He brushed a strand of hair away from my face, "I really did have too. Turn around, I'll put it on for you."