295: The Moon Princess (1)

Chapter 295: The Moon Princess (1)

After clearing the rain clouds and making sure that night had finally plunged into the world, Madara Uchiha didn't stop floating high in the sky. He rather lowered his flight while he slowly spread his arms in a diagonal fashion.

Madara took a deep breath and released it. At that moment, from his back, the Ten-Tails erupted outwards like a wave of tsunami breaking the flood barrier, plunging to the ground below. When the titanic Ten Tailed Beast that was as big as a Great Village fell to the ground, its ten tails dug into the earth just as it roared upwards.

Although Madara was its' Jinchuuriki, he could willingly let the beast go out of his body and yet be connected to it without any problem. That was how he immediately didn't die.

Madara watched as the beast's body started to once again compress within itself, and this time around a gigantic red flower erupted out of its back. Its body turned into a tree and started to rise in the sky, with the flower at its highest peak.

It was the God Tree.

A few minutes passed for Madara who watched the strange tree growing at a tremendous speed, rising towards the sky in the blink of an eye and reaching the clouds.

"Finally."

Madara smiled as he flew towards the tree. He placed a hand on its body and immediately started to absorb it within himself. A new signature of power invaded his body, making his bones shiver in joy, as he felt even his single Sharingan start to evolve into a Rinnegan.

Madara was blind when Obito revived him a few weeks ago, his eye sockets were empty. Obito gave him his one Rinnegan, and the other empty socket was filled with the eye of one of the countless Sharingans gathered by Obito from the deceased Uchihas who died in the massacre.

That was why, because Madara had previously unlocked the Rinnegan, his new Sharingan easily accepted this god-like chakra to evolve itself—into Rinnegan.

A few seconds later the tree was absorbed by Madara entirely, and only the tree's stump remained in the ground—it still had more uses left.

"Haah..." Madara took in a sharp breath and smiled.

For a moment, he looked down to find his right hand trembling at just how much power he was holding. However, Madara's uncertain eyes soon affirmed themselves. He controlled his urges—reminding him that he had a noble goal. This power wasn't to be used for personal gains.

'Unfortunately,' Madara looked up at the moon. 'The Infinite Tsukuyomi would need lots of chakra to keep going for decades. It will run on the chakra of the people stuck in the Jutsu at first, but later on I will have to feed it my own chakra.'

While everyone would experience a better life inside the Genjutsu, Madara Uchiha would sacrifice himself for them— even if they never learn of it, never be thankful for it.

'But if that Hyuga child's chakra gets absorbed...' Madara's eyes gleamed. 'At least a century's worth of time.'

Madara started to rise higher up in the sky again. He was about to initiate the Genjutsu immediately, that'd be sure to bring Neji out. The chances that he would be caught in the Jutsu were low because of his eyes, but if he somehow did get caught—then that would be a win for Madara nonetheless. So there was no point in wasting any time.

Madara was soon high enough in the sky. He looked directly at the moon, while his limbo clones were on all-time high guard to watch out for any sneak attack from Neji.

After a moment's consideration, Madara smiled at the moon as he grabbed the horn-like thing covering his forehead. He yanked it outwards, making it break apart and reveal the Rinne-Sharingan on his forehead.