Chapter 10: Brother • Rivalry

"Your Father has arrived"

Oh.no.

He is finally here. The man Rafael was talking about. I am about to meet the one he wants to have revenge on. The top one in the lists that he wants to crush.

I felt how Rafael tighten the hand holding mine. His eyes changed quickly from the happy to cold. His face hardens answer darkens hearing what the boy announced.

Not just him, but his siblings also silence. Like they were afraid of their Dad. Mandy cradled her child and turn away to put the little girl in her stroller. Josh took a deep breath and arranged his blue tie, Zac seems to get nervous too and it's very visible in their eyes that they are not too excited to see Mr. Knight.

"Rafael..." I softly called him, because I don't know what to do.

"Stay with Steve for a while" he whispered to me and I felt Steve's hand grab my arm and pulled me to then.

"What's going on?" I asked, totally unaware of what they are planning. "Steve~"

"~Just act along with us, Dummy. We are suppose to be cousins, right?" He whispered at me "so shush! "

Then I did what I was told. I don't know but I felt so helpless when they order me things like that. There is the feeling that I should obey them or else I can be killed. Weird, right?

A good looking man in his 60s entered the garden, with a cream colored suit with a black tie, his hair was dark brown with a little white growing hair but he still look handsome at his old age. I am sure is one good looking guy at his young age. He had striking blue eyes with perfect nose and thin lips.

And I can see that Rafael resembles him.

Oh Wait...

Don't tell me this is....

"Chris " Justin was the first one to talk and greeted his stepdad "Good to see you again"

Christoffer Knight

But I was surprise when Chris smiled and look at his children around the place. He was not that bad as I imagine he could me. I was imagining Mr. Knight coming in shouting or angry like the usual rich people are but it came out the right opposite.

Chris greeted each and everyone of his children and I can see in his eyes how much he loves them. Wait, what do I know about love anyway? I never felt being love. Except for Catalina. She sure do cares for me.

Then my heart beats fast when Rafael and his Dad's turn to face each other. Rafael remained still, cold and bold. It's like he is having a conversation through his eyes.

"Son, I am so glad to see you again. I thought you would never show up" His Dad said, patting his son's shoulder

"Maybe because I still have to prove that I am responsible son" he darkly replied.

His Dad didn't respond after that, he took a deep breath, but still covered it with a smile then he noticed us. His eyes wondered on me and Steve seems to notice that and so he stepped in front of me and put on a fake smile

"Mr. Knight" Steve greeted first to be polite.

"Steve, Don and Scott...it's been a while as well"  he spoke with sharp elegance but still he must he wondering who I am so Rafael took his chance.

"Dad, please meet my wife, Isabelle. She is the one I have been talking about" Rafael rest his hand on my waist then look at me like a lovingly husband "Babe, this is Christoffer Knight, my Dad"
I smiled at Chris and we shook hands "Mr. Knight, I am so honored to finally meet you"