87 | something to witness

It's obvious that Roman hates my guts

It's obvious that Roman hates my guts. His gaze is filled with fury, as though he wants to finish me right this instant.

Now that he's standing close to me, the angry beast inside me roars to be unleashed. I feel like a ticking time bomb that can explode at any time. Rage has taken over my body.

The next thing I realize is throwing a punch at him. My fist connects with his face, sending him a few steps backward.

You bastard.

My chest heaves up and down. I can't believe that I just hit him, but my body is shaking all over with so much rage I don't think that I would have done something different. I want to rip him to shreds after what he has done to me.

Roman spits blood from his mouth. He looks deadly, ready to fight back.

In a second, he storms at me and punches me in the face. I step back from the blow.

Fuck.

I wipe the blood from the cut on my lips and stare at him coldly. My jaw tightens as I throw another punch at him, this time landing on his jaw. It's harder than the first one and almost sends him down.

Roman snaps his head back toward me, gritting his teeth. He growls, gripping my collar harshly. That's when we feel movement from the door.

"Roman, who is it--" Olivia's eyes widen in shock as she sees us. "Aiden?" Her voice is shaking, as if she can't believe that I'm here.

Her hands shoot to her mouth, and fear skates all over her face at the sight of us hurting each other.

"Stop." She rushes toward us. Panic is evident in her voice. "What is happening?"

Roman switches his attention back to me and tightens his grip on my collar. He doesn't care. He's about to swing his fist again to attack me when Olivia comes between us.

"No, Roman," she screams. "Stop it. Please."

She faces Roman, pushing both of us away from each other. She steps back with me behind her, shielding me from him.

"What are you doing? Stop fighting." Her legs are shaking because of the shock consuming her.

My knuckles are still itching to inflict more pain on the bastard, but I realize that violence won't solve my problem.

I almost forgot the reason why I was here in the first place. I shouldn't have hit Roman first, but it was impossible to control myself the moment I saw him again.

Roman scoffs. I can see the pain in his eyes when he watches Olivia.

"He hit me first. You don't have any problem with that, huh?" he asks her sarcastically. "You shouldn't defend him. You should defend me, your husband. You shouldn't stop me from beating that jerk into a pulp. In fact, you should call the police and report him for attacking me in our house."