Chapter TWENTY-TWO

Hell yeah!". Cole screamed taking off his helmet and threw it on the grass, he ran across the field to his teammates who piled him, he had just scored a touchdown for their team at the last minute, they had won and off to the next game which were the semifinals. The team walk off the field feeling giddy.

It took awhile for the boys to plead with their coach to let them go out for some fun, but he let them eventually. Leave it to Jamie to find a party at a town he'd just been to. The  boys were spread out at a party Jamie got them. It was hosted by the other team they had beat, who seemed to take losing very well. Everyone was having fun except Cole.

He was on his second bottle of vodka cranberry and still going strong. His eyes were burned on his best friend who was across the room having a conversation with a girl he seemed familiar with, too familiar for the blonde's liking.

Cole didn't know how long he had been watching the pair but he felt like a creep while doing it.

No, it's not creepy. I'm just looking out for him. Cole thought.

Or maybe you're jealous?

Jealous?! Why would I be jealous, it's not like we're dating.

Cole felt a pang in his chest as Jayson laughed at something the girl said to him. A frown flashed across his face, he clenched the glass so tight his knuckles were starting to turn white from loss of blood flow. Stupid conscience.

"Hey there". Cole snapped his head to where the voice came from. It was a guy who was about six foot one with tanned skin and brown hair that looked black with the dim lights in the room. He had a smile on his face as he walked towards the blonde.

"Hey". Cole muttered, relaxing his grip on the glass.

"I'm alex". The guy said stretching a hand out to shake Cole, which he acknowledged by stretching his hand out for a firm shake. "Cole".

"You look familiar". Alex tilted his head to the side.

"Oh yeah? ". The blonde let go of the other boy's hand giving him a look.

"Yeah, you're the guy who scored that touchdown. Good game by the way". Alex said making Cole look taken aback.

"Oh thanks, you played?". Cole asked.

"Yeah, I play defense". Alex nodded and smiled a bit flashing his pearly whites.

Wow he's hot

Shut up, please.

"Cool". The blonde smiled back.

"You don't seem to be doing much at the moment". Alex observed.

"What do you mean? I'm doing a lot with this vodka right now". Cole laughed, raising his glass of vodka to his face and gulping it down.

"Right, well my friends and I are about to play beer pong if you're interested?". Alex asked.

Cole looked around the room once more and a crease formed between his brows when his eyes met Jayson's figure, the brunette looked so engrossed in his conversation he didn't notice he was watched.