TURNAROUND

TURNAROUND

A turnaround progression is a series of chords

whose most important characteristic

is to circle back to the starting point,

allowing the music to continue on seamlessly.

Dear Yoongi,

Dear Yoongi,

Sometimes I think about life before you. Before the moment we first saw each other that day and time stood still. Sometimes I think about where my relationship with my father would be now if it weren't for you coming into my life when you did. I often think about who I was before you, before everything we went through together, and that despite all of the pain, I'm undeniably stronger now with you than I ever was alone.

 I often think about who I was before you, before everything we went through together, and that despite all of the pain, I'm undeniably stronger now with you than I ever was alone

AFTER

Life after Jane was quiet, especially at first. The house that had been filled with voices for months had significantly settled down in the weeks following her passing. I'll admit I even missed the crying sometimes, the sounds of sadness in the halls, because it at least meant that Jane was still there and that someone was crying with her.

Her room had been cleared out and the hospital bed removed. Things were restored back to their original places. The old twin bed was moved back in and the medical cart was replaced with the antique oak wardrobe that had been there before. I hadn't been back into the room since everything had been put back into place. I couldn't bring myself to yet, so for weeks, maybe longer, I avoided it altogether.