72. Eavesdropping

• THALIA •

The teacher leans against the wall with his arms crossed

The teacher leans against the wall with his arms crossed. "Welcome to my form group, Thalia. I'm Mr Adams."

I nod my head awkwardly.

"Come to me if you need any help, yeah?" He looks into my eyes intensely, but his gaze flits a little lower for a second and I have the sudden urge to cross my arms over my chest.

I nod, "thanks."

He pats me on the upper arm, "could you send Tiffany out, please?"

"Yep." I offer a small smile just to be polite and I walk back into the classroom.

One of Tiffany's friends - I can't remember their names - is sat on my desk. I sort of hover awkwardly. I tell Tiffany the teachers wants to speak and as she leaves she tells me to take her seat.

I do and I feel super uncomfortable. Her friends are giving me the death glare and I shift awkwardly under their gaze.

"Hey, new girl." The blonde one says, chewing unnecessarily aggressively on her chewing gum.

"Hi?"

"You and Warren? What'd you do to him?"

"What do you mean?"

She rolls her eyes, "quit the acting oblivious. How'd you bag him?"

" I didn't "bag" anyone."

She sighs and slumps back in her seat, crossing her arms.

The other friend leans over, "heard you're Doms sister. That true?"

"Mhm."

It looks like something clicks in her head and a big smile erupts on her face. "I love your jeans."

I have to force myself not to roll my eyes. I'm not dumb enough to not realise her game.

I just nod my head and focus my gaze on the wall in front of me.

Tiffany walks back into the classroom, everyone involuntarily watching her. She has that effect on people, it seems.

She sits on my desk - well her desk - and her cheeks are tinted pink. She looks..embarrassed?

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yep. Fine!" She says, sounding like she's rehearsed that answer over and over in her head.

"Tiff," the brunette friend says, stealing her attention away, "this is Doms sister."

"Yeah, i know."

Her friends gives her a "what the fuck" look.

Tiffany's friends are treating me like a fly on the wall. I'm not completely mad about it. I'd rather be ignored than bullied.