Chapter 14

"Do you want me to do something about it?"
"Yes."

I smile to myself, as I go through the same scene repeatedly. My little brat wants me, she wants me more than she cares to admit. Her body was craving me, and she couldn't have made it clearer that night.

The way she was so straight forward about it woke my entire body up, I was fighting a battle with myself to avoid touching her - I will one day though but I want her to be fully present, I want her brain to be awake and her senses to be there fully so when she begs me to touch her she can't blame it on anything or anyone but herself.

Of course, she won't admit that yet. We both know that her drunken words were sober thoughts, but for some reason she keeps fighting me - she won't let me in, and she refuses to open up to the idea of us, that it could lead to something good. I'll work on it though; I'll earn her trust - we have all the time in the world.

"Keep smiling like a fool." Bruno says, interrupting my thoughts.
"It's a good day, why shouldn't I be smiling?" I smirk.
"Good day for you," he rolls his eyes, "I still can't feel my damn arm and I'm sure the blackeye on Luca's face disagrees too."
I shrug, "Should've thought about that before you got my fiancé drunk and decided to have a party of your own."

The only reason Bruno doesn't have a matching blackeye with Luca is because he begged me to avoid his face, he said it's the second-best part of him after "Bruno junior." And since I'm a gentleman after all, I did exactly that and went for his arm instead.

"She wanted a party, and we gave her one." He smirks, and my knuckles are itching to collide with his other arm.
"Maybe I should give Amalie a party-"
"Shut the fuck up." He scoffs, "And she already has one, a blonde one with a hundred different polo shirts."

I smile - I'm so fucking winning this bet.

"So, you're jealous?" I ask, raising a brow.
"Nah, I don't give a fuck. They work together, she asked if she could have the apartment tonight and I said yes."
"Oooh.." I scrunch my nose,
"What?"
"She wants the apartment... alone.. with him. That's code word for we're going to fuck."

I keep in a laugh when I see Bruno's eyes widen.

"She wouldn't, he's not even her type!"
"Mhm.. they're probably just going to work, alone, in an apartment." I say, "I'm guessing most of their work will be done in the bedroom though."
Bruno stands up - scratch that, jumps out of his seat, "Tell Luca that he doesn't have to come in today and cancel the rest of our meetings. I have a blonde fucker to cockblock."

I laugh, "I thought you didn't care?"
"I don't." He grabs his phone, "But Barszik is at the apartment, and I can't let him witness heinous acts like that - he's too innocent."
"Sometimes I wonder how we became friends." I mutter.

Bruno gathers his stuff and gets ready to leave immediately.

"Wait, do you have what I asked for?" I ask,
"Si." He drags the folder out and gives me it, "I don't understand why you want to know everything about her brothers though?"
"It's just a gut feeling." I say, grabbing the folder - "Go now, before Barzik gets traumatized."

Bruno sprints out of the room like an idiot, and I let out a small laugh. I open the folder and read, I notice every single detail and put two and two together - then my eyes hit jackpot.

"Interesting."

**

I check my phone to see if Luca has answered, he hasn't. I promised him that we would hang out today, but first I have to finish all the wedding planning and cake tasting stuff my mother and Bella's mother set us up with.