Chapter 13: Size doesn't Matter

Nico:

I watched as Will practiced his swords play with the Apollo kids. Just being around him just gives me this warm sense of comfort and peace. I was in a state of shock when Percy disappeared suddenly, Will was there through it all. I lost someone that I loved again.

I must've been staring in space for some time because when I blinked Will was looking at me with a smile on his face. "You like what you see huh?" He walks over to me twirling his sword a bit only to drop it on the ground startling himself and those practicing around him. I chuckle at the scene "Of course I do, there's nothing better than this view."

He rolled his eyes and bent down to pick up sword "Oh shut up," he handed it to a second year hastily "Go find a place to put this will you?" He asked gently as he practically shoved it in his hand and walked away towards me. I shook my head "Will," I started "I know I know, just let me have this! I at least made you chuckle today, you've been scowling since the newcomers well... came."

Sighing I began to fidget with my ring "I just have an uneasy feeling that something is-" I stopped suddenly when I heard Will gasp suddenly. He grabbed my collar with one hand and pointed "Look!" He exclaimed his eyes wide in shock.

Rachel was walking arm in arm with one of the weirdos. The way they walked and were interacting with one another it was as if they knew each other a long time. "He's too tall," I muttered Will looks at me confused "What?"

"He's too tall to be Percy," I answered
"Well no shit," he turns his head to look back "He's a bit more muscular,"
Will nodded "He reminds me of the Hermes kids,"
"How so?"
"Look at the way he walks, it's so suspicious and just... I-I don't know how to explain it," he chuckles defeatedly "I just... forget it," he decides before prying his eyes off of Rachel and her new friend to look at me.
"Could he?" I asked looking back at them as they walked to the mess hall.
"Probably not, but who knows? He does have a lot of unfinished business here." He stretches and looks away from me looking at the sky "He gave a lot and when he needed it, we failed at protecting him. However, Nico if that is him and he does come back, I hope the camp tries to embrace him so no more of our campers get lost or die."
"L-Lost? Die?" My gaze snapped back to him
"Yes babe, you've been busy traveling and searching between both camps and all over the world you've missed some meetings. A son of Athena is missing and a son of Hephaestus dropped dead suddenly while in the forge, they're saying his death was a freak accident but still-" he whistles shaking his head "I tried my best to revive him, Rachel was there too." His head bowed "I never understood how good it was when there was peace in the camp and yeah... Percy. Now that he's gone I can see the power vacuum and tension with the gods and campers."

"I can't believe I didn't notice that," I whispered "Eh you had bigger things on your plate babe," reassured Will kissing my cheek I turn to look at him "I know but babe I promised to protect this camp,"
"It's okay babe you're aware now, you're here now."
I started to fume and felt blindsided by Will, how come he didn't tell me? How come he kept all this to himself didn't he trust me? Will must've been looking at my expression because he had a soft smile on his face and he reached for my hands holding them in his "Babe, the size of your problems matters, your health- both physical and mental and the tasks you put upon yourself to accomplish."
"It doesn't matter!" I insist how could he say all these things? Didn't he understand I have to stand in, I have to do more?

Chuckling Will let's go of my hand standing up holding out his hand "Let's go eat, I bet you've not eaten at all today," Taking his hand he pokes me saying "See size does matter,"
"You're not making sense again Will," I groan defeatedly
"If you're hungry you're hungry," he clarifies with a suggestive smirk on his face. My face began to get hot as I come into realization of where Will was actually talking. He shakes his head "You're so cute when you get bashful like that," he kissed my hand and looked at me "It's my duty as the son of the god of healing to make sure my patients get the best care." He looked at me raising an eyebrow "Wouldn't you agree?"

I gulped and he smiled wider pulling me away out of the practice arena.
Size doesn't matter I concluded the size of his love for me doesn't matter because he loves me, through all my good days and bad. I begin to pick up the pace and let go of his hand "Meet you in my cabin?"
He nods "I'll grab the food and some tea?"
I stared at him confused "Tea?"
He ignores me and runs towards the mess hall, I watch as he runs and then I took a step back falling into the shadows.

Asia POV:

The size of this camp was small compared to the grounds where I used to roam and train with Perseus. Staring at the ceiling of the bedroom I waited impatiently for Percy to wake up again. "I made him hold a mirror for me before," came a voice that made my hair stand on end

"Fuck Aphrodite," I hissed "Wear a bell next time!"
"Bells are so fifteenth century," she says dismissively as she walks towards me "How's my little friend doing?" She asks as sat on the corner of Percy's bed. "I'm wondering why you're here." I deadpanned raising a paw at her "Can't you assume a human form, I just want to check my make up again and the sun coming from the window is so golden! Ah Apollo is doing such fine wo-"
"Get out!" I snarled

She sighed and rolled her eyes "Okay," she looked at me and began twirling her hair "I know that's Percy Jackson that you're laying on, I know that Percy has a big prophecy ahead of him, I know this because I heard Zeus and Apollo whispering away in the halls the other night."
"This is god drama, why do I care? Why are you telling me?"
"Because of Poseidon," she looks at Percy "I mean yeah Pan is dead and gone that's sad and all but with Gaia gone, the Earth's core heating up and humans contributing to the mess-"
"Who knew you had brains,"
She glared at me "That's one," she said then she smiled as if nothing happened "Poseidon's territory has gotten bigger, I mean much bigger, the ice melting and places flooding..." she looks at her perfectly manicured nails "If he finds out that Zeus knew and he didn't tell him there is going to be a war."
"Uhuh." I said uninterested waiting for her to get to the point
"I want you to tell Poseidon," she says with cruel smile on her lips. My ears twitched "Seriously?"
"I'm a primordial being hanging around a bunch of arrogant gods and I'm bored and secondly it'd give Ares something to do while I'm in California, there's a young aspiring rapper who has my affection."
"No."
"I'll do you a favor," she coaxed
"You wouldn't, the one thing I want you couldn't give,"
She pondered this for a moment "Probably so I'll do the second best thing you want as a favor,"
I shrugged "Fine then, wake Percy up, I'm starving." I stood and tapped his chest with my paw "I'm also getting worried it's been hours."

She smiled "Of course I can sugar, it was nice to see you old friend, you're such a joy to see! Always lighting a fire under me! Keeping me on my toes!" She scoots over closer to Percy and smiles as she waves her hand over his face and his masks disappears "I can break any spell, I'm the goddess of love after all," she chuckles
"Living with the gods has given you this gift of grand delusion,"
"Watch it kitty," she snapped
"Sorry, sorry," I chide as I point at Percy "As you were my goddess," I lower my head mockingly
Huffing Aphrodite leaned in and kissed Percy's forehead.  The room glowed bright to the point where my eyes couldn't make out anything. Then it disappeared leaving me alone in the room with Percy, she came for what she wanted.
I pressed my paw against Percy's cheek "Awake you seaman!"
Nothing.

I scowled "I said awake!"
Nothing.
"Wake up," I began crawling on his face beating his face with my paws
I sighed and just laid on his face "At least I can start a war before I leave." I closed my eyes for a couple of moments only to feel myself being held by my neck suspended in air.
"Let go of me!" I snarled
"How did you wake me up?" Came a groggy curious voice "Where's my mask and what war are you starting?"

I looked down to see Percy glaring at me his eyes stormy "Well... you see what had happened was-" I found myself flying towards the wall with a loud meow and crash. "Wrong side of the pillow I see, or maybe sleeping beauty was kissed wrong." I grumble underneath my breath as I shifted into a wolf

"What the hell happened?" He groaned looking at his hands "I only meant to toss you not chuck you."
"Chuck you too," I snapped back
"Huh?" He looks up at me
"Chuck. You. Too." I shifted into a rhino I love these earthly creatures I chuckled as I chucked into the demigod who thought it was cool to chuck the kitten into the chuck-ing wall.