CHAPTER 26

Valerie's POV

I keep tossing in bed, unable to find some sleep. The weather has suddenly become cold and I am on alert for rain, even though the forecaster said it won't fall in the next couple of days.

I keep thinking about what happened at the restaurant, every single detail of what happened played itself in my head.

From my anger to my laughter to the show and the cameraman.

Who is he?

I asked Ryan but he only smirked. He must be proud of himself for what he did.

I have two answers to the question about the cameraman. He is either from his mother or one of the paparazzi who would publish that picture first thing tomorrow morning for the public eyes to see.

I should be happy, right?

Fred would see it and Brenda too. He might probably boil in anger when he sees the clear affection between Ryan and me and then Mrs. Lorenzo would see it too and she would be happy.

For no reason, I don't feel happy or proud about what we did. I thought it was ok with me to act like we are real and in love but for the first time, I am having doubts about this.

All I feel is guilt.

For wanting to deceive the public and the poor ill woman who wants nothing but happiness for her son.

The deed is done. The contract is signed and there is absolutely nothing I can do to change this.

We just have to keep up with the act.

I turn to the other side of the bed and thunder rumbles in the distance simultaneously, making me scramble out of bed and racing for the door.

Holy shit!

I slam the door shut and race to the other side, finding myself in front of Ryan's door within seconds, barefooted.

My hair is disheveled and I quickly arrange them in one place before knocking on the door calmly.

Without waiting for a response, I turn the doorknob and it opens. I step inside quickly.

I really don't know what to do because it is late and everyone has retired for the night. I can't keep asking these maids to take my bed every time it rains and bring it inside Ryan's room.

Should I ask him to help me get another one kept here all the time so I don't have to disturb him whenever it rains and I want to come to sleep in his room?

I close the door quietly behind me so I won't wake him up and then I can go and sleep on his couch but to my surprise, Ryan isn't on the bed.

The bed is empty. The bed is still neat looking, making it so obvious that no one has slept in here.