Chapter 20

Jasper grabbed hold of you. "I'm never letting you escape my grasp!" He nuzzled your neck.

"You always amaze me with how smart yet dumb you can be. You just made me kill an extra 2 people." He sighed looking at the bodies he would now have to clean up.

"Wait do you know how to make chloroform?" Jasper asked.

"No that's Xander's job." He paused for a moment. "Shit. Wait I've seen you knock people out before. Why don't you just," Reese mimicked a punching motion.

Jasper shook his head. "No, I'm not hurting her!"

Reese rolled his eye. He couldn't do anything if Jasper didn't want to do it for two reasons. One was that the Spade family has a huge influence due to their wealth and second he's stronger than Reese and could easily beat him in a fight.

"I'll drive you and give me the address to this fancy house. You can sit in the backseat with her during the car ride." He stated. Jasper's eyes lit up like Christmas lights as he dragged you to the car.

He pushed you into the back seat and sat right next to you. He put his head on your shoulder and cuddled despite your protest.

Eventually, the little demon fell asleep leaving you alone with your thoughts and Reese. You tried to process everything that had happened as you looked outside the dark window.

It was nothing much only the moon and a few stars thanks to light pollution. "You know we're only doing this because we love you." Reese commented.

"This isn't really love. You'll probably grow bored of me in a few weeks." You responded.

"What makes you say that?"

"In the very first letter, you sent me with the roses." you paused for a second remembering your ignorance back then. "You gave me a purple rose."

"I remember that. I chose all of those for a reason."

"Purple means passion and infatuation. Do you remember what infatuation means smart boy?" You quizzed.

"Of course I do! It means a short-lived passion for someone or something." You didn't respond and just left him to figure it out. "Oh. No one remembers it anyway."

"But I do and the little demon probably does too. He was there when I opened it."

"So that's why he beat me up. I didn't know that." 'Are you Satisfied' by Marina and the Diamonds came on. He immediately turned it up.

"Why am I not surprised." You muttered to yourself. The overachiever can sing a song word for word about being a high achiever.

"I can hear you." You also forgot about Reese's good hearing too. "Personally, my favorite is Seventeen but any song will do."

Reese then went on a 17-minute rant on how he kins almost every song in the family jewels album and how it's his favorite with his second being 'Ancient Dreams in a Modern World.'

That is when you started to regret all your life choices as he drove into a fancy driveway.

Hey everyone. Ignore the author's note I deleted that plan is off. But there still prob won't be a second book once again it's how I feel by the end of this one.