Sixty

Blaise Beck-Day

Blaise Beck-Day

"You just stick it in, it's not hard." Cooper lectured me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What the hell do you mean it's not hard? This is hard. I've never had to do this before!" I spoke harshly as I stared at myself in the mirror. This fucking boutonniere. I had stabbed myself a least five times.

"Oh well, better learn soon because my wedding is right around the corner." Cooper teased– walking toward me.

"I got it. Not like anyone else but me is tall enough to reach him." Slater cut Cooper off, walking in front of him and toward me. I sucked in a deep breath as he held out his hand. I dropped the pin in his palm then he proceeded to put it on my suit roughly.

"You snag his coat and your sister will kill you, Slater. Just remember that when you're stabbing him like that." Cooper walked away toward Leighton and Baker who were about to take each other out over a bow tie.

"Which sister? Stell won't care if I make him bleed. She wants him to bleed." Slater mumbled under his breath. Of course, he was close enough to me that I heard everything he was saying and I felt my patience being tested every minute.

I tried my best not to stare at Slater but it was becoming hard too when he winced every time he raised his arm.

"Someone from Michigan hit you too hard?" I spoke low enough so that only he could hear me. He continued to try to get the boutonniere on me. See, it wasn't that easy you liars.

His eyes traveled from the needle to my eyes before shuffling back down to the needle. "Is that a yes? Or a no? Or a maybe?" I asked.

"Who picked out these wedding colors? I hope to god it wasn't you, Coop. Blue and gold is god awful." Drew bitched as he sat down on one of the benches.

"I like them, Coop!" He turned and smiled at me while I felt someone's eyes lingering on me, glaring roughly. I just smiled more. Nothing was bringing down my mood, not even a person with a case of the ugly.

I know what it's like to be jealous.
Right now, Drew was jealous.

I don't know why. I haven't even mentioned my girl's name, but this guy had been glaring lasers at me since I walked in to try suits on.