Chapter 16

Days passed since the event, since I snapped at Pablo.

He's been around but only for the wedding planning. We've officially set a date, there's only a few weeks left.

Ever since I told him that I wanted him to stop acting like we're more than a business contract - he's done exactly that. The nicknames, the gifts and the excuses to see me all the time have stopped. I know that I asked him for it, but everything feels weird now.

Now it feels like we're just strangers. I tell myself that its fine, nothing really happened between us for it not to be.

I tell myself that the only reason I've been annoyed lately is because I still want out of this marriage and time is ticking.

"Which one?" I ask, placing different colors in front of Pablo as we look through the catalog.
"I don't care, you pick." He shrugs, keeping his eyes on his phone. Just like he has since he arrived two hours ago.

"What about this one?" I say, pointing at the beige on.
He shrugs again, "sure."
"You didn't even look at it.." I trail off,
"Don't have to, you can choose for the both of us." He says carelessly.

Breathe Bella, breathe. You wanted this, remember? You wanted him to treat you indifferent.

But then again, he's ignoring my entire presence - that's not exactly what I wanted?

Is it?

He can't ignore me forever now, can he? I know that I don't want us to act like a couple because we're not but now it feels like he's barely tolerating me.

"I think I'll go with this one." I say, as I pick the color, I know he likes the least. Pink. He looks up for a second and I expect him to argue or tell me to pick another one. He doesn't, he just nods quickly before focusing on his phone again.

That did not work.

I go for a plan b instead,
"Maybe not if we're going to be outside, it'll look pretty shitty." He hates when I curse, he's going to react now.
"You can choose one color for the venue inside and one for when we're going to be outside." He says with a bored tone.

He didn't comment on my cursing - Why do I care? We don't have to get along, I'll be leaving the second we're married either way. I've already started planning.

It would be good to have him on my good side though - he won't let me out of his sight if he doesn't trust me.

"Can you stop ignoring me?" I finally spit out; I don't usually beat around the bush, and I have to get the awkward tension thrown out. I need him to trust me, even like me a little if this is going to work - "I shouldn't have snapped at you when we were in the car."

I meant what I said, but if taking it back makes him drop this cold guy act then so be it.

"Look, can we at least try get along? We can be friends." I say, hoping that waving the white flag will help.
"I'm not ignoring you," He mutters, "just pick whatever you want so we can get it over with."

The door opens, catching my attention.

"How's the wedding planning going?" My smile falters when I see Adrien enter the kitchen, he flashes us a fake smile as he heads to the refrigerator. An excuse to come here, Adrien never gets things himself he always says - "we have maids for a reason."

"It's going fine." I say, not bother to entertain him. I notice that Pablo finally looks away from his phone, but instead of focusing on what we're supposed to be doing - he throws glances at Adrien, his expression is unreadable.