🎴TᗯEᑎTY🎴

(Jun's POV)

As much as I want to think that his warning is a joke, I still can't. The sincerity in his voice while saying those warnings are enough for me to think of it seriously.

But what if he's only acting, so I would for their trap?

We're walking along the hallways towards the said meeting room. Kakucho's in front of me, while the guards, who attacked me earlier, are walking behind me, making sure that I won't walk away.

There's no way I could easily escape this building, their elevators are high-tech. The system needs to detect the fingerprint of the person so they could use the elevator, and the fingerprints are only exclusive to Bonten members. Obviously, if the system didn't detect the fingerprint of an unknown person, they won't be able to use it.

Find a stairway? Before you can even find stairs, a guard will be the first to find you, and I rather not get beaten up by them again. They're everywhere.

Kakucho stopped walking in front of a particular huge door in front of us and opened it. He motioned me to enter before him, but my feet prevented me from doing so.

My heart's quick thumping is already audible in my ear. I ball my hands into fists. My mind is filled with a lot of questions and thoughts once more.

"Come on," Kakucho said.

I let out a sign before my feet led me toward the room. My jaw dropped as soon as my eye landed on the interior design of the meeting room. Giant windows, the moon, and the fact that the entire city is visible from up here are what first drew my eye.

It's nighttime when I was kidnapped, then I woke up the next day at night? I didn't realize I had been sleeping all day, and now it's dark again.

My gaze didn't stop from wandering freely. The Bonten members I had earlier seen are all gathered here, each in their own chair, together around the long rectangular conference table in the center of the room. But there are these two unfamiliar men, and I instantly recognized that they are unquestionably among them.

Fuck! I almost overlooked the fact that Bonten is a wealthy gang in addition to being criminal. They live a lavish existence, complete with a luxurious meeting space and a giant television mounted on the front wall.

"Ah Finally! They're here," Sanzu began, throwing his cards on the table and getting his rested feet off of it. They're playing cards. "Took you long enough, Kakucho. You said it'll only take a second, but here you are, late an hour ago,"

I heard Kakucho on my back clicked his tongue.

"Welcome Ms. Officer to Bonten's meeting room." Sanzu cheered while walking in my direction while spreading his arms wide. "You slept for a whole day, but how was it?"

So I was indeed in Bonten's place, not just a hideout, but their own building. Getting from the hints of the expensively decorated corridors as we moved towards this room. My eyes are still in awe that they are glued to the interior room. I have never been in a meeting room this gorgeous.

Kakucho answered, "She did sleep well," caused my frowning face to turn to face him. I was the one being asked but he's the one who answered. "I'm not talking to you so shut up," Sanzu retorted.

"Hmmm... Ok, then I take that your silence means yes." Sanzu continued, "Oh~ That cut on your face is new, mind if I-" I noticed that his face was approaching mine but was stopped when Kakucho brought his palm in front of me.

"We're here to discuss the matter immediately, and the wound on her face is not included. You already know how she got it so back off," Kakucho commanded. Sanzu turns to face Kakucho while glaring.