THE TURNING POINT

The next morning, I woke up with Damon's arms tightly around my waist and his head on my chest. Last night's events had really taken a toll on Damon and as much as I care about him, I knew that upset Damon was unpredictable Damon and usually it ended with a few bodies lying around.

"What are you worrying your pretty little head about" I hear Damon's muffled voice and I look down to see that he still hadn't moved.

"How did you know I was thinking about something?" I couldn't help the smile forming on my lips.

"One, you are always worried about something, second you have been playing with my hair for about 15 minutes now, you do that usually when you are worried about me, not that I'm complaining about the second one it feels nice" He explains making me chuckle.

"Well, if you like It thing much, I guess I'll keep doing it," I say and he hums in agreement.

"Now seriously, I don't want you to worry so much about me," he says, detaching himself from me, but taking a hold of my hand.

"But..." I go to say but he cuts me off "I adore how much you care about me, but just having you support me like this is more than enough"

"You know that I would do anything for you right?" I say softly.

"Of course, my little red. Same here." He says with a small smile.

"I really need a coffee right now," I say and get off the bed.

After making my coffee and Damon his with blood in it and sit in the parlour room enjoying our first relaxing morning together in quite some time, I was thankful that I didn't have any classes today.

"So, any idea of where you'll go?" And the peace was over

"Nowhere? Where are you going" Damon says confused

"I'm not telling you. I'm gonna live my life as far away from you as possible" Stefan says and I roll my eyes, dramatic much?

"Well...Have a safe trip" Damon says. Just then the doorbell rang. My peaceful morning is officially over. Damon and Stefan glance at the door and back at each other. Stefan then leaves the parlour and opens the front door to find sheriff Forbes standing outside.

"I'm here to see Damon," she says. No good morning, how are you? Rude.

"Uh, sure. Ok," he says and leaves the doorway as Damon takes his place.

"Sheriff. What a surprise." Damon says politely

"Sorry to bother you, but we need to talk." She says.

"Come in." Damon opens the door more so she can come in. Liz enters the house; Damon shuts the door and leads Liz out into the back courtyard.

"Good morning, Sheriff," I say with a small smile as I make my presence known.

"Melody, good morning. I was looking for you too actually but when I went by your house you weren't there. Never mind I'll tell you both right now" she says in a hurry.

"Um, I hope you understand the secrecy. Stefan doesn't know about this yet and I'd like to keep it that way." Damon days and Liz nods in understanding.

"Of course, kids are too young to be brought into this."

"So, what do you need?" I ask.

"There's been another attack. A female victim, her throat torn out, completely drained of blood. It fits the pattern." She explains. I lock eyes with Damon and he shakes his head subtly, signalling that he doesn't have anything to do with this

"I'm sorry. I don't understand. I thought we solved that problem when I... staked the blond one." Damon says looking around acting perfectly the part of a concerned member of the council.