𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 83: 𝑆𝑒𝑘𝑎𝑖 𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑤𝑐𝑎𝑠𝑒

Miguel, Robby, Eli and I all drove together to practice today.

Ever since the teamwork win during the egg exercise, everyone has been getting along much better; especially Eli and Robby.

It nice that they're finally not at each other's throats 24/7. It's one less distraction from preparing for the Sekai Taikai board member visit.

We met the rest of the Miyagi-Fangs at the dojo. Contrary to everyone's moods yesterday, everyone seemed pretty excited. I think they just needed a little time for the news to sink in.

I mean, I needed some time too. A world karate tournament? That's fucking insane!

"Hey, did you guys catch that video I sent of last year's Sekai Taikai?" Eli asked us as we walked to the back yard of the dojo.

"Man, who knew people could kick that high?" Miguel asked after nodding his head. Robby hit Eli's arm softly. "Or that hard," Robby added.

"Dude, seriously," I said after.

"I guess that's why it's the biggest competition in the world," Sam said as she walked up to us. The rest of the students walked up too.

"I heard last year's winners did a car commercial in Taiwan," said Eli.

"Dude, imagine being in a commercial. What would you do with all the money?" Penis Breath spoke. Chris looked over to him with a smirk on his face. "Buy a yacht with a hot tub on it," Chris said, "Fill it up with Smarties and hotties." Chris began dancing, waving his arms around with rhythm. Everyone laughed at his usual silly antics.

"All right, all right. Let's not get ahead of ourselves," Mr. LaRusso spoke. He, Sensei, and Sensei Toguchi had just walked out of the dojo and joined the group of students.

"Remember, Cobra Kai is gonna do everything they can to get a spot," Mr. LaRusso continued. "And if they win this time, kids all over the world are gonna have to deal with the same kind of crap you guys have gone through."

"But if we win," Sam shrugged a shoulder, "we can show the world how to stop them."

"First you must prove you can compete with best," Sensei Toguchi added.

"But in order to do that," Sensei spoke now, "You have to be better than the best. Which is why we're gonna kick your asses into high gear."

"Sensei Lawrence, Sensei Toguchi and I are gonna get you ready for the presentation tomorrow. Ok? So, come on. Let's get warmed up." After Mr. LaRusso finished, Sensei yelled, "Go! Move those asses!"

Everyone spread out across the yard, all doing different warm-up exercises. Eli and I began warming up together. We stretched, did some belt forms, and began a quick sparring round with each other, when I heard Sensei call my name.

I looked over at him, as did Eli. Sensei nodded his head to the side, signaling for me to walk over to him. I nodded my head, before looking back to Eli, who nodded his head at me too. I smiled, before jogging over to Sensei.

"What's up, Sensei?" I asked when I reached him.

"I just talked to Miguel and Robby about this, but I wanted to talk to you too," he said. "How are you feeling about tomorrow?"

I thought for a moment, before nodding my head. "I feel pretty good. I think I'll feel better after practice, but I think I'm ready," I told him.

Sensei smiled at me. "Good. I'm proud of you, kid. Which is why I wanted to make sure you knew that... that you don't have to compete if you don't want to," he said, causing me to furrow my eyebrows. "I don't want to make the same mistake that I made with Miguel at the All Valley."