The Love Square {6}

“I just wanna run, hide it away!” my alarm blared.

                I rolled over and turned it off. I sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and peeling the covers away from my body.

                I crawled out of bed and leaned against the wall for support. I sighed and slowly made my way to the bathroom, showering quickly. I did my hair and brushed my teeth before heading back to my bedroom.

                After I had gotten dressed, I reached into my backpack to make sure I still had Colin’s letter. I nodded to myself once my fingers brushed against it, and slung my bag over my shoulder.

                I left my bedroom and dragged my feet to the kitchen. Mom spun around and basically stabbed me in the chest with a poptart.

                “I had the poptart ready for you this morning Ant!” she pretty much shrieked. “I’m sorry I screwed up dinner last night!”

                “Jeez mom, it’s okay!” I said, rubbing my chest and holding the poptart.

                “Oh no! Oh no, oh no, Ant, did I hurt you?!” she cried in alarm, gripping my shoulders and looking at me frantically.

                “Mom! I’m fine!” I promised, gently pulling her hands off of me. “But I need to get to school now before I’m late.”

                “Okay honey. But drive safe and slow. When people are running late they speed and get in a-a-accidents.” She sniffed and wiped at her tearing eyes. She flung her arms around me, hugging me tightly. “Don’t you get in an accident Anthony Andrews!”

                “Mom, I’ll be okay. I’ll drive safely. I promise. But I really have to go now,” I said, trying to get away from her.

                “I love you Ant,” she said, releasing me and kissing my forehead. She smiled at me and brushed my hair out of my eyes.

                “I love you too mom,” I said and waved to her before hurrying out of the house and jumping in my car. I pulled out of the driveway, eating my poptart as I drove myself towards the school.

                I parked in the school parking lot and got out of my car, sticking my earphones in and shoving my hands in my pockets. I began to walk up the hill leading to the school, trying to figure out how to word everything to Colin when I saw him.

                I stepped into the school and looked around the main lobby in search of Zane. I would have to find him before Colin found me.

                “Ant!”

                I spun around as Zane jogged over to me. He grinned and slapped me on the back, winking at me.

                “Ready to go find Colin?” he asked.

                Grinning, I nodded at him. “Zane, when have I ever not been ready to go find Colin?” I asked, pulling my earphones out and shoving them into my bag, along with my iPod. I pulled out Colin’s letter to Emma and stuffed it in my back pocket.

                Zane and I made our way to the senior hallway. I looked around and my heart stopped as I spotted Colin, looking gorgeous as ever as he leaned against a locker and talked to Emma.

                “There’s Collie,” Zane said, nodding at Collie as he stepped up behind Colin. Collie was texting on his phone, not really paying attention.