11 | we're still liars

TAEHYUNG'S APARTMENT WAS so silent, it reminded him of the time he first moved to Seoul

TAEHYUNG'S APARTMENT WAS so silent, it reminded him of the time he first moved to Seoul. He was all alone then, with no furniture, no future, no money, no Yeontan with him; just him and his art supplies.

Presently though, it wasn't true. Haneul who was living in the same house seemed to avoid Taehyung like the plague.

It was unfair, really, after Taehyung picked her up from heaven knows where three nights ago. She had not uttered a word to him, even when he announced that their families had gone back to Daegu by train when she wasn't home. Not when he told her that her parents seemed pretty mad and nor when said that she should call them and check on them.

The silence was all he got.

And he hated it.

Sure, they had a fight - was that even the right word? - or disagreement, or lover's tiff (hell, Taehyung had to stop rethinking about the New Year's kiss) but hey, he had redeemed himself. By picking her up. Right?

Taehyung honestly didn't fucking know, but he had enough. They were supposed to tell each other every single thing - being best friends and all - and he decided to do exactly that. So, when Haneul was rummaging through the kitchen shelves for some ramen to cook up for dinner, he announced, "Let's have a drinking game."

Not the best start, Taehyung winced as she looked at him with such puzzlement in her eyes, as if he had just told her they don't have any ramen at the house.

To be honest, he just had one pack remaining - because that's all he ate nowadays - and he knew Haneul didn't like to share her ramen.

For all you know, she might as well get mad at him. Taehyung thought at least that would make her stop that damn silent treatment.

He cleared his throat, and started again, "Look, I don't know what's the deal, but this thing between us," he gestured between them, "is just so fucking off. I hate it. You told me I didn't tell you everything, right? I'm willing to, now."

Haneul just turned, her shoulders shrugging so slightly that Taehyung almost thought it was his imagination, and rummaged some more. Taehyung knew her - fucking dramatic. Equal to rival his sister.

The message was clear - I won't talk to you unless you bribe me with something, bitch.

So Taehyung did bribe her - with pan-fried pork and kimchi dumplings his mother had made for him. He also offered to make her some ramen, and well, she was satisfied. Nothing beats Taehyung's mother's cooking.

"You promise to tell me everything?" She asked as they settled down on the floor, backs against the sofa in the living room. Their food was laid out in front of them - dumplings and ramen and rice and soju.

"Not just me," Taehyung announced, as he poured soju for the both of them. "You will too. That's the whole point of a drinking game."

"What's this whole deal about a drinking game anyway?" Haneul asked as she put hot sauce on her dumplings.