chapter 63.

a/n; an update because it's enha's second anniversary <3 do enjoy reading, i may or may not have done something...

lxiii.

Mira sulked.

Her eyes moved back and forth between Jungwon's and her phone, both showcasing her father's text. She couldn't tell if the man was being serious or if he was joking, regardless she didn't mind sleeping on the couch as she had a quick feel of the comfort an hour ago. The least she could do was to give the Yang family respect for letting her stay the night.

A towel was resting on her wet hair. Mira just got out of the shower and was now sitting on his bed, dressed in his older sister's sweatpants and an oversized beige shirt Jungwon found lying in his closet. The boy finished showering earlier too, now wearing his white Chicago hoodie with grey sweats.

Sighing, the girl clicked off the messaging app on both phones and switched it off. Her lips unknowingly formed a pout, which Jungwon thought was cute. The female propped an elbow on her knee and allowed her chin to rest against the palm of her hand, mindlessly playing with a loose string on his blanket.

"Are you really gonna sleep on the couch?" Jungwon questioned. "I don't think I would like you to be alone downstairs."

Jeon Mira smiled at his words as she straightened her back. "Where else am I gonna sleep then? Your room?" She jokingly spoke, laughing. It didn't take long for her to realize he wasn't finding it funny. "Wait, are you serious?"

Jungwon only responded with a sigh. She watched him shift closer to her on the bed, taking the towel on her head as he carefully patted the ends of her hair dry, "You let me sleep on yours the day I slept over. Why wouldn't I do the same?" He looked into her eyes.

Mira shrugged, looking down at the mattress, "Different household, different rules?"

A flick was delivered on her forehead. Before she could react to the attack, Jungwon had pulled the ends of the towel towards him, bringing her face closer from how it was wrapped around her neck. Her cheeks warmed up, staring at him with her big doe eyes. Her brain was not properly functioning and she might be glitching again.

The shower of a series of rapid tapping sounds continuously fell from the sky, making contact with his bedroom window. The drops of rain looked like tiny crystals from where they sat, however, her focus was merely on the lad in front of her.

The same goes for him. Seeing Mira in casual clothes beside her school uniform again made him crazy. Her hair was damped and tangled, he could smell the faint scent of his body wash. His shirt looked good on her, and he felt his heart beating louder. Jungwon shouldn't be feeling this way, he was going insane.

His eyes averted towards her lips, the same lips he kissed back on the school trip. It would be a lie if he said he didn't want to feel them again, but he was too much of a coward to tell her that. Jungwon's gaze went back to look at her black orbs. He noticed her gulping, probably nervous about the next outcome. Seeing this, he chuckled, easing the tension around the room.

"Remember when you did that?" He started, backing away. Mira could finally breathe.

She took a few inhales and exhales, allowing her poor lungs to get the oxygen they need for her to stay alive from the effects the boy had on her. It was a good thing she didn't punch him in the stomach. "Did what?"

Jungwon pointed at his cheek, a dimple surfaced up his skin as he smiled. Mira tilted her head to the side, puzzled. It made the male grumble in response as he rolled his eyes. "I need my payback, don't you think?" He retorted.

"What are you talking about?" Mira mumbled, crossing her arms and looking away. She scanned the room to look for her bag, finding it nowhere in sight. "I'm gonna go downstairs."