Chapter 12

Hello Dolls,

Whilst I am getting back into writing my main focus has been a new story I've been working on. It's a dark romance, think morally grey love interests, fear, longing, suspense and heavy sexual tension. The Prologue and first five chapters are out. Please give it a little read as I am loving where I am going with it.

 Please give it a little read as I am loving where I am going with it

Flo's POV

The distant sound of yelling came from below me but I couldn't make out the words. Jays attempts to distract me fell flat, it didn't matter how pretty and sparkly my room was or how endearing Jay was, I felt cold. Almost lifeless. As if I was an apparition looking down at my body from above with no control over it. 

My skin was greying and nails turning slightly red with blood from the over excessive picking. 

"Baby girl breath for me okay, I know this is a lot to handle all at once but focus on your breathing"

"He really fucking hates me" 

"No babes"

"Yes!" I snap " He does , how sick do you have to be have some weird connection to my abuser? My Dad wants to punish me, they way he couldn't get back at my mom. He only sees me as this, a stupid girl who dates the first four men who show her any attention. His pathetic daughter who was top of her class at school and college goes on to be a stripper. He couldn't possible understand that I might actually want to do the job."

Jay was silent from my outburst a mutual understanding that in this moment there is nothing he can say to make me feel better.

"Maybe he would feel better if I had to do the job because I was broke, he could perhaps respect that I needed money. But to do it for fun he will never understand that"  

I grab a picture frame from my little room of my Dad sitting with me on the beach. It was from the only holiday we ever went on. The wood frame feels fragile in my hands , my throw smashing it to pieces on the floor.

Jay picked me up moving me away from the broken glass. His back hit the wall and he slide down allowing me to curl into a ball with his arms around me.
" Can a father actually side with a man like Jaxon?" My voice flattered no longer anger but the voice of a small girl who feels neglected and betrayed by the one who should protect her the most.

"He hurt me, he took my body from me... my Dad should have helped me pick up the pieces. Not whatever this fucked up shit is. How can I get over this? "

My eyes meet Jays, his are glassed over a layer of tears not being allowed to spill out but noticeably visible.

" I don't know sweetheart". Jay's voice was hoarse.

I appreciated the honesty. He looked broken as well. As if his biggest fears were coming true before his eyes and there was nothing he could do about it.

A knock pulled my eye line away from Jay.
"Flo we are gonna help you get through this" Lawrence spoke. His voice held the firmness that Jay was struggling to find. " Come back to the living room so we can make a plan".

--

For the next few hours Chris and the guys run me down on how we are going to discover the truth.

Chris was using his suspicious contacts to find out more about my dad. When we know his location and the connection between him and Jaxon they will be targeted by a companion called Atticus. I vaguely remember a video call with him whilst I was still at college, he seems so nice I wonder how they know each other. 

Atticus will become friends with him, gain his trust and then invite him to a ball where we will confront him. I hate the thought of being in the same room as my father again but if it means nobody else will get hurt. 

I look over at Tristian his leg is bandaged up on the ottoman, his anger radiating off him he can barely focus on what is going on around him. He does make it clear that the Ball will not happen until he can be there , up and walking around. 

Which means we have three months for Atticus to infiltrate their plan and for us to prepare for an attack.

Christopher leaves the room to take a call. His face filled with disgust when he comes back in , and I can almost feel why.

"Jaxon is awake"