Chapter 18

My leg keeps bouncing the whole way until I see the gates of the mansion. I already know that my father is angry, and if he's told Alexis and Adrien then they for sure won't be happy either.

"Stop it." Pablo says, putting a hand on my thigh, "I'm going to talk to him."
"Yeah cause that will make it so much better." I scoff, he could've let me at least try to get out of it but instead he insisted on taking my phone and answering.

Then again, my father probably knows that I wasn't at Isabelle and Leah's place. It was most likely the first place he called when I didn't answer my phone all night.

"The only person that should have you all stressed like this is me." He says calmly, "if I say that its fine for you to sleep at my place then it's fine."
I look at him, he seems very serious, and it makes me wonder how much power he has that he can stand up to my father like that.

"We're here boss." Martin says from the driver's seat, earning a nod in return from Pablo. I grab the doorhandle ready to get out until I'm pulled back in my seat.

"What?" I snap, turning around to look at Pablo. He looks at me with a grin,
"My cheek hurts."
"And that's my problem because?"

He shrugs, and keeps that grin on his face while he brushes his fingers against his cheek.
"I just thought that maybe you'd make it better, I mean considering that our wedding is soon and I'm going to have to send all our planners over there and..."

I roll my eyes and fight the small smile, bastard.
I lean in and give him a kiss on his cheek, "Can I go now?"
"Yeah, but I'm just saying - the pain is probably gonna come back soon."

I get out of the car and smile when he's not looking. It's not that I'm fond of the way I had to do something in return of him letting me have my wedding in France, but rather the fact that I didn't expect a grown man to want unlimited kisses in return.

We head towards the door, and immediately we're greeted by my father, brothers and mother.

"Bella!" My mother shakes her head, "ma chérie, do you know how scared I've been? The maid told us you weren't in your room, and you weren't answering your phone."
The maid. Of course.

"She's been with me Mrs. Lyon, safe and sound. I apologize for not getting in contact earlier, we both got carried away but that's on me - not Bella." Pablo says, sliding his arm around me and earning a warm smile from my mother.

They all look at the clothes I'm wearing - which are the same police skirt from the party and a shirt from Pablo. This would be a fashion scandal but I had nothing to wear because he tore apart my top. Adrien looks disgusted while father and Alexis have their poker faces on.

"Well, since you finally decided to bring her home - maybe we should have that talk now?" My father says, looking at Pablo. I wonder what they have to talk about? Probably business, or the wedding I assume.

Pablo nods and lets me go. I start heading towards my room until my father says my name and stops me. I turn around and see him sticking out his hand. Damn it. Even at the age of eighteen, I still can't get away from that stupid punishment.

Pablo eyes me as I turn around and hand my phone over to my father. I throw one last glance at him, his expression is firm, but I notice the look in his eyes - he seems annoyed, almost angry that I'm giving my phone to my father. He doesn't say anything though.

At least now I can get a break from that freak texting me nonstop. I've still not figured out who it is, but the texts aren't stopping, and I decided to mute whoever it is.

My father disappears with Pablo, and Alexis. Adrien throws me one glance before he turns around and follows, I don't know what has gotten up his ass lately.