Chapter 55

"EMMA!!!" Odette yelled.

Stephen raised his hand as he looked at Odette, indicating her to stop talking.

"What do you mean?" Stephen mumbled.

"It's exactly as I said! Her majesty Odette collaborated with a witch in order to kill Lady Carla Dwight!" Emma added.

*Gasp*

Everyone was surprised as well as Catherina.

On the other hand, Stephen was also taken aback.

It was unbelievable that Odette had the audacity to break the imperial law when she was a royalty in the first place.

Stephen looked at his mother with unbelief.

"Y-Your majesty, that woman has lost it. She is insane! She dares accuse me of something I didn't do!!" Odette knelt in front of him.

"Quiet, mother." Stephen almost lost his patience. "Now speak." He looked at Emma.

'Haha- this is my win, empress dowager.' Emma slightly smirked.

Once she reveals the truth, she knew that she'll break free from her chains. She'll remain innocent.

And she only had one chance to do that.

"It's as you heard, your majesty. Six year ago, The empress dowager took a witch and ordered her to make a love potion for Duke Raphael. She's obsessed, your majesty. And she planned to poison Lady Carla soon. She's a criminal!!" Emma made sure to announce that loudly.

"And how is Catherina's death related to that?" Stephen asked.

Emma froze.

"Pardon?"

"Lady Carla didn't die, right? Instead, it was Catherina Dwight that died. Not her mother." Stephen uttered.

"That-"

"HAHA! EMMA YOU STUPID B'TCH! YOUR MAJESTY! EMMA WAS THE ONE WHO ATTEMPTED TO MURDER CATHERINA! SHE WAS JEALOUS OF HER!!" Odette yelled.

Emma widened her eyes. 'No, I haven't finished talking yet!'

Stephen looked at Odette as if she was a speck of dust.

"S-Son, I-"

"Take the empress dowager. Now." Stephen signaled the guards.

"Yes, your majesty."

The guards took Odette by force.

"PEASANTS! LET GO! YOU DARE TOUCH ME WITH YOUR FILTHY HANDS!"

"And bind that woman. We need to interrogate her." The emperor added.

"No, your majesty, please hear me out! I'm innocent!" Emma yelled as the guards bound her.

Emma locked gazes with Catherina. She glared at her like she was about to kill her.

'We're still not finished, Catherina. I still have a hidden ace behind me. Watch out.'

Catherina just looked at Emma with an expressionless face.

"Everyone in this hall, you ought to keep your mouth shut. Or else you won't see the morning sun ever again." Stephen announced.

All the nobles who heard his announcement had goosebumps.

"Yes, your majesty." All the nobles bowed and answered in unison.

"The banquet is over." Stephen added.

After he announced the dismissal, all the people dtarted dissipating from the banquet hall.