XXX. Rumor Has It

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was kind of like a dance. A really, really, really dangerous and beautiful dance.

Ironhide would throw his body one way, his fist leading it, and Chromia would spin just in time to twirl around him, a smirk painted across her silver face. A grin was across the black mech’s as well as he kept his optics trained on hers, and moved to dodge her own swift and deadly strikes. She was much faster and more agile, and so was able to graze his armor, chipping off needle-thin streaks on his black armor, but then he would kick her away. Her turquoise armor was spotless as she ducked low and spun behind him. Though he was not as quick, he was battle hardened and knew to turn as he threw a punch. Again, she dodged, laughing lightly, and he could not help but do the same.

Catherine watched it all with awe from the sidelines, as did Chromia's sisters and Springer, whom were talking quietly among themselves. She could still hear, however, and knew they were commenting on how well the two fought, or point out any mistakes they might have seen, but the most popular talk was of when the two would finally stop messing around and get “it”—whatever “it” was—done with. While it was mesmerizing to watch the mech and femme duke it out, her female nature in regards to gossip was not to be ignored, and so she inched closer with curiosity.

“Wait,” she called out, making all three look down at her. “What are you guys talking about exactly? What this ‘it’ thing?”

The air around all three suddenly became uncomfortable, and she didn’t need her powers to know that. Just by the way Arcee and Elita-1 exchanged amused, but awkward glances, and the way Springer began to rub the back of his green helmet as he refused to make eye contact with her, she knew. With that she didn’t really need them to say anything else to figure out what they were talking about, but she was still curious. She also wished she’d asked Ratchet more about certain Cybertronian aspects.

“Well, you see,” Arcee began, although was stopped by Springer, who elbowed her. Their optics dimmed slightly as they faced one another, and she knew they were talking over the comm. links. Being that she never actually acted professional around the Autobots, she rolled her eyes with an exasperated sigh. Thankfully, Elita-1 was not part of the discussion and was very much so more mature, so she took it upon herself to roll closer to the redhead.

“I’m surprised Ratchet hasn’t said anything,” she chuckled softly, and Catherine shrugged.

“Never came up. And, I mean, it’s not like I would think about it—if 'it' is what I think it is, anyways. Is it?”

She smiled playfully, “And what do you think it is, Catherine?”

“Like human sex, but with robots?”

“Close, but not quite,” the purple-armored femme laughed, and behind her Springer and Arcee finally stopped their conversation to join them.

“Are you sure we should be talking about this? Won’t Ratchet get mad?” Springer inquired, frowning at the thought of what the medic might do as punishment.

Elita-1 waved him off, “If anything he’ll be happy we gave him a break from explaining things. Anyways, Catherine, as I said—the ‘sex’ you humans have is a good translation for it, but at the same time, it’s not. You know about sparks, yes? As in what they’re made of and how they work?”

“I’ve only been studying all about that for months now. They’re pretty much your DNA batteries. They provide your bodies with energy to move, and the sparks have wavelengths which determine your function and capacities for that function.”

“Good. This will make things easier,” the femme nodded. “I’m sure you know, but all sparks are different. Each has their own specific signature made from the wavelengths which identifies us. For instance, even if I could not see, I could pick out Springer or Arcee from a group of 'bots by his spark signature. This is important, because sparks play more of a role than just determining what we will be. The signatures we give off are detected on what you would consider an ‘instinctual’ level, although it can be analyzed in scans and data can be collected. And it’s from that instinctual sense that we decide whether we like a mech or femme or not.”