Chapter 4: Introductions and Injuries

[ Author Note: I absolutely appreciate all of the positive feedback from the bottom of my humble heart. I'm so glad you all are enjoying the story. As always, let me know if you have requests or "imagines" you want me to include in the story. I'm open to criticism! I don't own Marvel but I do take credit for my character Christine Blake! Hope you enjoy!]

<<<<<<<<<< Christine's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>>>

Sitting in the back of a restaurant with my cousin seems like a great thing to do. Ordering drinks with her was not such a great idea. Yeah, my body can heal from the repercussions before they happen but there is this thing I like to call the "crash." Simply put, I do have the ability to heal, but healing takes a lot of energy and once my body feels safe, I fall asleep. So, anytime I started to get comfortable I make Mars poke me really hard with a toothpick. Giving my body just enough stimulation to feel on edge. It's a great technique on the weekends. But I shouldn't have pushed myself so hard before starting a new job! Now I'm paying for it.

I'm running. I thought I hated packing. But no. I hate running. Why am I running? Oh! Because I'm running late to my first day on the job. My night out with Mars resulted in my body sleeping until I was at full capacity. I'm already 20 MINUTES LATE.

I am glad I decided to just wear jogging pants, a sports bra, and a t-shirt. Makes things easier. But I still hate running.

I can see it! The light at the end of this tunnel I have created for myself happens to be the beautiful plain new HQ! My new home! I hate running.

No. I don't want Cap to see that I'm late! I hate everything. I have to be stealthy. Sneaking past him probably wasn't a good idea.

"Christine?" I hear from behind me. I hate everything. I hate that we exist. I hate this morning. I hate running. I hate having fun. I hate not being responsible.

"Heyyyy Cap." I say turning around and leaning against the staircase. Be cool. Be charismatic.

"Shouldn't you be meeting the Maximoffs?" Oh, how I hate this conversation. I've been caught.

"It's a health thing. My body won't wake up until my vitals are stable." I say. Avoiding telling him the actual reason of the instability of my vitals.

"Well, I won't keep you! Get down there!"

"Right away Cap! Won't happen again." This day is going great.

I run down the hall. Cap took me everywhere in this building! Which training center do I go to?

<<<<<<<<<< Pietro's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

25 minutes have passed and still no sign of our "trainer." I am standing in the training room with Wanda and Agent Barton. I'm getting really bored. Where is she?

<<<<<<<<<< Christine's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

This is so bad! Wait. Think. Cap said "get down there." Smart girl Christine. The training center down stairs you idiot. I'm running again. I hate that. I see it! The second light at the end of the second tunnel of my day! I can get there. I check the time. 30 MINUTES BEHIND. RUN.

Blumph. Great tripping right in front of the door. This day hates me.

<<<<<<<<<< Pietro's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

5 minutes later I can hear running and labored breathing from down the hall.

"I think she's here." Barton says. The fast steps and heavy breathing get much louder and then all of a sudden a THUD fills my ears.