Chapter Fifty-Seven: Did I Do Something Wrong?

*******Kit's POV*******

"That's all that you're going to give me?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yep. At least as far as that goes." I cocked my head to the side. "Are you one of the secret people who has found their soulmate?"

"I'm not," he said, shaking his head. "I'm not even supposed to be old enough to have a mark, yet, but I got mine about three months ago."

"How old are you?" I asked him, my eyes roaming his face to see if I could guess. I couldn't. Koreans hide their age well, even the young ones.

"I'm 22, Noona," he said as a camera came close to film us. "How old are you?"

"I'm...not 22," I said with a laugh.

"You can tell me," he said. "I promise not to make fun of your age like I do Bang Chan's."

"How old is he?"

"He's half 52 next year," he said with a laugh, then reigned it in. "Sorry, it was a little joke I made at him on a live."

I rolled my eyes. "So he's 25? Yeah...He's 10 years younger than me."

Seungmin's eyes went wide as he stared at me. "You've got to be joking. You don't..."

"If you're about to say that I don't look that old, then I'm going to kick you in the shin."

He held up his hands in surrender. "I'm not. Okay...I was. But not in a disrespectful way."

"Uh-huh," I said, crossing my arms and giving him a playful glare.

Seungmin laughed at me. "Okay, that glare looks like one you'd get from a teacher."

"I am a teacher," I said as I laughed with him. "Good to know that I've got the glare down."

"Really? What do you teach?"

"At the moment, I teach English online," I told him. "It gives me some freedom, since I don't know how long I will be here in South Korea."

He nodded his head like he understood, then launched into another question. "So I know that you like Stray Kids and BTS, but what other music do you like?"

"To be honest, I had never listened to K-Pop before two months ago," I said, scratching at the side of my neck. "My friends got me into it, and now I'm hooked, but I usually go more for bands like Panic! At the Disco. What my little brother likes to call 'poppy punk' music. But he's kind of a music snob, so..." I shrugged at him. "I do love K-Dramas, though."

"Oh yeah?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow at me. "Which ones?"

"Well I have ADHD, if you know what that is-"

"I do," He tells me with a nod. "It's not super common for people in Korea to come right out and tell somebody, like Americans do, but it's possible that I have some form of it, too."

I smile and nod at him. "Well because of it, I can really only watch k-dramas that have English audio. If I try to watch one with subtitles, it takes me like four hours to get through a one-hour episode. I'm watching the subtitles and I miss what happens on the screen. Or I'm watching what's going on, but then I miss the subtitles and it's just....it's a lot for my ADHD brain."

He cocks his head from side-to-side. "I can understand that. So which ones with English did you like?"

"Love Alarm was really good," I told him. "And it introduced me to who is now one of my two favorite k-drama actors, Song Kang. And I love Nevertheless, too, which he was also in."