Chapter Twenty-Three

Matteo

Harper says goodbye to Doris and Juan; I know she's excited to meet our son; I only hope he doesn't act the same way he did with Enzo with her. It will kill her.

Speaking of Enzo, I've never seen him so taken with a woman before. I thought he was in love with Harper, but seeing him staring at Bianca every second as if she might disappear if he stopped.

"Are you sure it's ok for me to come with you, Sir?" Enzo can't contain his smile at the side of me.

"Yes, I'm sure, and enough of the sir, it's Matteo. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving you here, and I know Harper would have me by the balls if she knew I let you stay here. You'll like it in Rome. If my brother gives you any trouble, let me know. He can be a bit of a dick." I throw a wink, letting her know I'm only joking.

She bits her bottom lip, still not meeting Enoz gaze. She has no problem looking at me or any other of my men, just not him.

"I'm not a dick; I have a big dick; I'll be happy to show you sweet cheeks." Her face grows red at his words.

"Enzo! Shut up. You'll scare the poor girl away; come on, Bianca, you can sit in the back with me; that way, you can tell me everything there is to know about you. It will be nice to have another woman around here."

Enzo looks at her like she's the most beautiful thing in the world as she walks away with Harper. "Enzo, wipe your mouth. You have some drool coming from it." He slaps my back as we make our way to the car.

Harper

After saying goodbye to my grandfather and Doris, we jump in the car; Enzo drives while Matteo sits in the passenger seat. I sit in the back with Bianca.

The rest of the men go in the van's they hired. I can tell Bianca feels a little uncomfortable, but I don't blame her; she's starting a whole new life with people she doesn't know.

"How old are you, if you don't mind me asking." Her green eyes meet mine. She has the brightest eyes I've ever seen before.

"I just turned twenty-five last week, even if I look about twenty. I have a baby face." Enzo cracks out laughing. God, that man, as it bad for her.

"You're only a little older than me, and I wouldn't complain about having a baby face; at least you won't look old when you're in your fifties at least."

She smiles at me as she starts to relax a little more. "How long until we're at the airport?" Matteo turns around to face me, "about an hour Angel."

My nerves start to pick up. What if Gabriel doesn't like me? What if I do something to upset him? The car comes to a sudden stop, and before I know it, Bianca is getting out of the back seat and climbing into the front.

"What are you doing?" Before she can answer, Matteo slides into the back with me. "I can feel how nervous you are getting, Angel; you don't need to. He's our son. He's going to love you. You have a loving heart. You have nothing to be scared of. I promise you; I will be with you every step of the way." I start to relax a little more at his words. He's right. He's our son. He will love me.

I will show him all the love I can give, and that's the world.

"Princess, try not to get jealous when you see the bond they have. It's sweet, but when Matteo went all crazy in the meeting before coming to your rescue, not like you needed it, but Gabriel had a meltdown. He was throwing a proper fit at the fact he wasn't with his father; let's hope you have the magic touch as he does."