Trust?

Recap...

"Can you tell me what happened last night?" He asks me. I think about it before I nod. Then I tell him every detail about last night. When I'm done he just looks at me. After awhile he eventually starts talking.

Kiera:

"What happened wasn't your fault," Adonis tells me. I just nod. I've never been told that. Not even by Tony. I've actually never told anyone the depth of my abuse. Tony only knows that the father of my kids was abusive. I don't even know how I'm able to open up to Adonis like this. Yeah, what happened tonight wasn't even close to the past abuse I've been through but it still hurts. A lot. "Kiera?" Adonis asks. "Yeah?" I reply. "Do you have somewhere to stay, you can't go back to your cousins," he tells me. I know. "I don't have anywhere to stay. I didn't think that far ahead," I tell him truthfully. I left in a rush taking my only opportunity. That's why I packed multiple weather clothes. If I decided to go somewhere cold or hot I'd have the clothes for it. "I want you to stay here. No one ever comes here besides me, you'd be safer here than you would be in my house and you can treat this as your own home," he tells me. Why would he do this? Everyone just wants to hurt me eventually so what does he want from me? Despite my skepticism, I decided to say "Ok."

After that, he showed me around the penthouse and left.  He sent a doctor to check up on me and she gave me painkillers and toiletries. She's a nice lady. I also found out that his mother offered to take me shopping for clothes tomorrow. I just hope that they have good intentions. I don't want to be hurt again. I honestly don't know if I can handle another betrayal. 

Allesandro:

I can't believe that bitch would do something like this. I thought she could understand what had to be done. She did this to herself and hurt my reputation and she can't even clean up her mess? As soon as I find her she'll learn what happens when you cross my family. Of course I wasn't particularly fond of Alexei having sex with Kiera before the marriage but it was one of the Ivanov's terms. She can't be married off until January. She'll be turning 17 soon this year so next year when she'll be turning 18 is when we can marry her off. As long as it's the year a girl turns 18 in the mafia we can marry her off. And considering what Kiera has done Dima wants Alexei to marry her right away and claim her as soon as they met. That's just business. And Kiera can't interfere with that. She probably can't even comprehend my business. This is why women don't work in the Mafia.

"Have you found her yet," I say as I walk into the meeting room at my warehouse. "No boss, we're still looking," Omari says. I nod and sit down. It's now 8:39 pm and no one can manage to find her. "She's a 16 year old girl, how hard is it to find her," I say impatiently. "Well boss, we can only track cctv footage so far. She went out of the cctv footage everywhere and she never showed again. I think someone picked her up because with the direction she was walking she should've walked into town where we could see her on cctv, but she isn't there," Omari explains. I sigh, "Just find her as fast as you can, I don't care if you have to harm her to her back here," I say. He nods as I walk out. Where the hell could she have gone? I knew I should've locked her inside.

Kiera:

It's getting late so I should probably get ready for bed. It's 9:00 and I spent most of last night awake. As I step into the bathroom I try not to look at myself in the mirror. The glimpses I got were bad enough. I can't ignore them though as I step into the shower. I have bruises where Alexei was gripping onto my waist and on my thighs from when he moved my legs apart. I just continue washing myself. I still feel him on me. As I continue to think about what happened I start to think about my past.

Flashbacks

10 years old...

I feel him pushing himself inside. All I can do is cry. He always visits me when I'm sleeping. In my bed. My bedroom used to be my safe spot but I can't even have that anymore.

13 years old...

"Get up and ride me like a good girl," he says. I don't protest I just do it. It's worse when I fight and I can't deny my "dad's" friends. I don't think I can even cry at this point.

15 years old...

He pushes in and I hold back a scream. I'm in so much pain. I get raped so much it hurts to even touch that area. He just continues. No one cares about me.

End of flashbacks

All my life I haven't been safe. What if I'm not safe here? Adonis has been nice to me despite our beginnings. I actually felt safe enough to let him have oral sex with me. Actual sex. That was the first time I consented. That thought makes me panic a little bit more. Why did I even give him that trust? I feel more comfortable with him than others but he's still a man.

I don't trust people that easily and I don't think it's a question why. It has been awhile since I've let someone in though. Maybe it'd be nice? He also Hasn't shamed me yet. He listens when I say no. Even though I let him touch me. Maybe I could trust him?

I start to think about my cousins. I thought I could trust them as well. I told them my past and in the end they hurt me. I can only truly depend on Santo. And I may not actually be able to. I don't know if he even agrees with the arranged marriage now that those posters were made. What if he hates me?

What if no one cares about me? What if I'm truly alone? I stop thinking about that and turn the shower off once I realize the water has gone cold. I do my routine and leave the bathroom before entering my warm bed. I continue thinking about everything that's happened while trying to process everything. A lot happened recently. I should probably just bury it. That'd be better right?  

A/N

I finally managed to write one chapter. I'm going to try to write more but if I don't update this weekend, I still have writers block. I hope you guys liked this chapter, I tried to write it well.