Money~Chapter 11

Y/N POV

After lunch, we went back to class and took more notes before being excused for our last period for the day.

"Cooking class! So much fun!" Kokichi exclaimed with stars in his eyes, I couldn't tell if this was genuine excitement.

"Yes, soo much fun," I said as I shoved the sheet of handmade cookies into the oven.

"Smells good over there, Y/N!" Asahina said from her cooking station. I watched her dip a plain donut into chocolate icing while Akane stuck some more O-shaped pastries into the friers.

"Thanks! I could say the same about yours,"

She smiles before continuing to ice her donuts.

I set the timer on the oven for fifteen minutes while Kokichi dug through the drawers and sword-fought himself with the ladles.

I hear the classroom door open and turn, a smile spreading across my face.

"Rantaro, over here!"

His head turns to our station and he smiles while walking over. Kokichi ends his epic battle and looks over, clearly trying to hide an expression of spite.

"Sure smells good in here," He says, finally reaching our station.

"We're making cookies," I say, grabbing Kokichi and pulling him towards us.

"With you two making them, I'm sure they're going to be great," He says smiling.

"Thanks, Rantaro! You're welcome to have as manyyyy as you'd like!" Kokichi says in a sweet tone.

"Thanks, appreciate it,"

Rantaro and I spent a while talking before I glanced at the clock.

"Oh, the bells about to ring. Would you maybe wanna hang out after school? I think I'm doing something with Shuichi and the others,"

"Sounds fun," Rantaro says as he takes the final bite of his cookie, "I'll go grab my stuff and meet you guys out front,"

I waved before stuffing the cookies in a pastry bag and handing it to Kokichi. After, I walked over and began packing my stuff.

"Sooo, Y/n, what's going on after school?"

"I think Kaito said he wanted to go to an arcade, I'm not sure though,"

"Oooh sounds like fun, I'm a pro at arcade games!"

"I'm sure you are, Kokichi..."

After we had finished gathering our stuff, we headed outside to meet Rantaro, Kaito, and the others.

"Ah, there you are Y/N! Oh, Kokichi, you're here too!" Kaito said.

"Yep! Y/N told me all about our arcade trip and I'm superrrr excited!" Kokichi responded, waving his arms around like an excited toddler.

"Great, let's head to my house to put everyone's stuff down, and then we can head to the arcade,"

We headed over to Kaito's house and dropped our bags in his room, making sure to grab our wallets before leaving again.

Kaito's grandma gave us a ride there and dropped us off.

"I'll be back in a few hours Kaito... Call the home phone if you need anything,"

"Will do! Thanks, grandma,"

She gave a thumbs-up, very similar to Kaito's, and drove off.

"Uhhh, Y/N," Kokichi said, awkwardly as we arrived at the counter.