M. Fushiguro - Drawing the Line

(This one's not that happy pappy, sorry mofos.)

You feel like you've given him an infinite amount of chances. An infinite amount of time to start thinking of himself as mortal, as someone who can get injured, and that can die.

When you first met him, you thought he was rational. Maybe even smart enough to avoid situations that would mean imminent danger to himself, since that's seemingly rare with sorcerers.

However, as you got to know him, he quickly made you lose hope. But it didn't matter to you at the time. He was interesting to you, cool to you, and you could only focus on your infatuation. An infatuation that now seems pointless if he goes off and gets himself killed, without seeming like he even cares that someone who loves him will be left behind.

Of course, you understand the risk of being in his position, in his line of work, but you've never come across the same extremities in your work, despite dealing with similar cases. You don't get beat around as much as he does. It's not that you're stronger, or that your curses are weaker, but you fight with the knowledge that you could die at any moment.

Fushiguro never does.

After being with him for around a year now, and learning all his quirks, the disregard for his own safety is driving you haywire. A recent run in with a grade two curse was the tipping point for you. It wasn't supposed to be difficult, but it was for him, and he was put in an insanely dangerous situation because of it. You couldn't just watch him do this anymore, and decided it was your time to step in.

He, however, didn't seem to feel the same way, you discovered quickly.

After he got treated, and had been back in his dorm for a few hours, you decided to make your move. You were going to wait, give him more time to relax and recover, but your anger kind of overcame you. You're not proud of it, but it's how it happened.

You approach his door and stop in front, carefully rapping on the wood in the familiar beat you always do. The door swings inward only a few moments later. A tired and roughed up Fushiguro enters your field of view, and you snort at his disgruntled look. You pat him on the shoulder with sarcastic sympathy and walk past him. He rolls his eyes at your actions, shutting the door behind him and turning to face you.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" He says, crossing his arms and taking a step into the room.

You sit on his bed, leaning back on your hands and looking up at him with an arched brow.

"Really?" You ask, taking note of his defensive stance, "I know that you've seen me getting antsy 'cause of this stuff, Megumi."

He doesn't reply, instead shifting his gaze away and tapping his foot anxiously.

You let out a breath, leaning forward and putting your head in your hands. He goes silent a lot, it's been a way of coping for him whenever he gets any sort of overwhelmed. But during arguments, he does it as a choice, in hopes of directing the anger away from him. Or maybe to make you more annoyed, who knows.

You wanted to avoid this, but you accidently came on too strong. You'll just have to talk at him from now on. Try to get through to him, without actually hearing his side of things. Fan-fucking-tastic.

"I don't... Ugh. I don't know how to approach this topic because you've been living with it for so long without anyone saying anything. It's entirely your responsibility, and I know I have no place to talk to you about it," you continue, putting your fingers against your temples and focusing on the sound of him shifting from foot to foot,

"but I care about you. I love you, and you know that. I just want you to understand that- that I'm scared for you. It may be selfish, but I'm just so fucking worried that one day you'll be too reckless, and then you'll be gone."