22

Everyone's head whipped around at the sound of the voice. Everyone except Barry. He had been waiting for that voice for ages. Caitlin stood there, looking at everyone 

"Surprised to see me?", she asked Barry's dad walking up to him

"Caitlin", Barry began 

"Don't", Caitlin said putting her hand up 

"As I was saying are you surprised to see me? Or are you shocked that your dirty little plan to get rid of me didn't work?"

"Plan? Dad, did you make a plan to get rid of her?"

"Keep up Barry. This is old news"

"But you know how I feel about her. And still you? Why dad?"

"For what you tried to do to me, I could have you thrown into the dungeons or banished. Don't forget that I'm not some common girl anymore. I'm a royal too, and not just any royal. A senior royal. I'm senior to you and yet you still dare to get rid of me?"

"Dad, how could you?"

"Barry, enough. I don't care what you say. I'm the blood of high valarium. Higher authority than you. But you can't see that, can you? To you I'm still that same common girl that your son fell in love with. You can't bear the idea that someone else is higher in rank then you and you don't hold the power anymore. I do. That eats you up inside. That your no longer in charge"

Caitlin pushed passed them, and went upstairs to her room

"Is  everything as I wished?"

"Yes ma'am. Upstairs is exactly how you wanted. I'm just going to start downstairs now"

"Well don't let me keep you"

Caitlin walked up to her parents photo 

"I'm back. This is my house. My birthright. I've tried being nice with him, but it's like banging your head against a brick wall. Now it's time to be firm"

Caitlin walked down and saw Barry's dad shouting at her servant

"What do you think that you are doing? Who said that you could move anything around?"

"I did. You have no authority here anymore. I'm in charge. This is my home and these are my servants. I've put up with your bad behaviour for long enough, so if you want to stay here, you have to abide by my rules and regulations"

She wanted up to the servant 

"Carry on with what you were doing. If you need anything or have any questions, please feel free to ask me"

She turned around to Barry and his dad

"Don't you dare to try and undermine my authority again. I'm not that same Caitlin that you tried to get rid of. If you do anything, I will match you step for step. Don't forget I have the authority and power to throw you out of here. I should have done it sooner, considering everything that you did to me, but I'm giving you one last chance"

Caitlin turned to go but turned back once again 

"One more chance. That is all. I should have thrown you out after everything that you did in the past, but you are older than me and I have been brought up to respect my elders. You should thank my parents for this. But this is my last warning. Next time I will forget everything and all ties. Now if you have a problem with this, please feel free to leave. Nobody is stopping you"

Caitlin went upstairs and slammed the door shut. Barry turned to his dad

"Did you see what you have done?"

"I'm seeing everything. But since when did Caitlin become like this? She's really hard and cold"

"Well can you blame her after everything that you have done?"

Barry went upstairs and knocked on Caitlins door. Caitlin opened the door, but tried to close it as soon as she saw it was Barry. Barry put his foot in the door and forced himself in

"What do you want?"

"How about some answers? Where have you been? What happened?"

"Ask your dad"

"Caitlin, what happened? How did you become so?"

"So what? I've needed to become like this to survive. You can thank your dad for how I am. If you don't like this, that's not my concern anymore"

"Caitlin"

"Lower your voice. I'm senior to you. Don't forget that. If I want, I can make yours and your dads life very uncomfortable. But I'm not doing that. So you should be thanking me for that"

"What's happened to you? Why are you being like this?"

"Being like what? This is the new me. You can thank your dad for this. And if you don't like it, it's not my problem"

"But me and you?"

"There is no me and you. I don't have time for live. And even if I did, do you honestly think that I could be with someone who's dad treats me like yours?"

"Caitlin"

"Just go Barry, before I do or say something that I will regret"

Caitlin sat on her bed, with a sigh. She hated having to do this, but if she was going to survive, then she had to be like this and they had to learn to accept it

Duff, duff, duff. As always, feedback appreciated