𝟏𝟓 | 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐲

𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒚 - 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

[ 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 ]

"Although it has been several months since the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency's early failure at identifying what's now dubbed the "Zombie Virus," no further findings have been established, calling into question the extent of progress. As it is impossible to ascertain incubation period, the organization opposed ending the quarantine of Hyosan residents. All across the nation, donations are pouring in, in support of those who have been living in seclusion all this time..."

The announcement resonates through overhead speakers as you follow On-Jo outside, shadowing her steps to the sound of gravel crunching beneath your boots.

On-Jo stuffs her hands in her thick jacket pockets and stares wistfully at the refuge's chain-linked fence, strewn with satin and silk ribbons where words of remembrance are etched onto its surface. A few months ago, you had tied up four in row, one for I-Sak, Gyeong-Su, Nam-Ra, and another for Cheong-San, but they have long since been swallowed up by other additions on the daily.

Breathing out on a long sigh, a puff of air suspends in front of On-Jo for a few seconds, before it too, disappears like the sudden cold breeze that brushes past.

When did winter arrive without your noticing?

"I'm going to take a little stroll around," On-Jo says, turning to you. Extending her hand, she opens her palm up and inside rests a dark red ribbon.

Cheong-San's favorite color.

You smile faintly and nod in understanding as she closes her fingers delicately around the satiny fabric, eventually leaving to make her way to the overcrowded barrier.

Diverted, you watch as Mi-Jin stands with a sign hanging proudly over her neck. Peeking, you try to view the lines of text from your perpendicular position to it: High school seniors who suffered the ZOMBIE attack must be given special admissions into colleges.

A middle aged woman ambles up to Mi-Jin amidst some very odd background stares at the blunt plea and pats her on the shoulder. "Aigoo," she drawls out. "My daughter is a senior too." You hold back your laughter as she pats Mi-Jin on the cheek, whose face immediately scrunches up in distaste. "You poor, poor thing."

In Mi-Jin like fashion, she cusses and kicks the ground before shuffling away in the other direction, causing you to giggle, shaking your head at the scene.

Aimlessly, you walk around, finding the grounds teeming with more evacuees than you initially thought. Despite so many people, there was only one person you wanted to see.

Finally catching sight of Su-Hyeok, you soften your steps and stop right by his side. Unaware, he has his eyes closed, face turned up towards the sky as he leans against an unoccupied mounted tent.

It's rare for the weather to be anything more than cloudy now that it's nearing the winter solstice, the sunshine a precious commodity.

You bask in the light, a sign of hope for the people who couldn't wait to escape the darkness altogether.